IV

-

you shouldn't like jennie!

-

months had passed and right now, you're freaking out.

you find out you have feelings for one of your best friends.

yeah, it sucks. you know you shouldn't. she's probably not even gay anyway!

but whenever jennie clings onto you a little too often for just a platonic gesture, you become more and more confused about it.

shut up! you shouldn't like jennie!

she's your first friend, for god's sake! what if she finds out about your inappropriate feelings for her and she ends up becoming all awkward and uncomfortable about it?

just thinking about jennie avoiding you for the rest of the years already gives an intense twitching on your insides.

man, that would fucking hurt.

"chu, hey!" you snap out of your thoughts when you hear fingers snapping in front of you repeatedly. you had to blink a few times before registering the fact that chaeyoung was sitting in front of you, and you completely forgot about it because of thinking too much about jennie. "you seem so lost. are you in cloud cuckoo land again or something?" the red-head snickered at your state, causing you to blush in slight embarrassment.

"sorry," you sighed, rubbing your face against your palms in frustration. "it's just that-- look, how did you know when you first started liking lisa?"

you find yourself asking chaeyoung a slightly personal question just to figure out your own confusing feelings towards your cat-eyed friend. chaeyoung and lisa have been dating for several months now, as they started flirting with each other straight up on the first week of school. you can't help but be colored impressed at the ash-haired Thai for being able to get a gorgeous girl in just the first week of freshman year.

that's fucking record-breaking, alright?

"well, i don't wanna say some cheesy stuff in front of you. that'd be embarrassing, chu." you watch as a blush creep up chaeyoung's pretty face, looking everywhere but you. you frown at her response.

"come on, chaeng. just this one, please? it'd really help me out a lot."

the red-head narrowed her eyes at you as a smirk slowly grace along her perfect cherry lips. "why? are you crushing on someone right now, kim jisoo? do i happen to know who this lucky fella is?"

the amused chuckle that came from chaeyoung's mouth caught your attention, distracting you for a second. nonetheless, it was your turn to narrow your eyes at her.

"well, what if i am? will you help me out?"

you watch the way the sparkle in her hazel eyes dim a little, yet the teasing smirk on her face remained as she giggled lightly at your remark. "fine. but you have to tell me who it is."

you scratched the back of your head hesitantly. "actually, i'm not even sure if she's going to, you know," you paused, swallowing the growing lump inside your throat as you look down. "like me back. plus, she can be really terrifying sometimes and i'm not even sure if she's gay."

the description had the red-headed beauty widen her eyes, accusing finger poiting towards you in shock.

"oh my gosh! you like jihyo?!"

your own chocolate orbs widened in surprise as well, mirroring chaeyoung's shocked expression as you slowly realize that the description you just gave perfectly describes both jennie and jihyo, causing the red-head to completely misunderstand. you panicked, waving your hands all over the place as you struggled to come up with a response.

"what?! no, no! not jihyo!" you stuttered, making chaeyoung visibly calm down. you did, too, as you slowly prepared yourself for the red-head's response to the next words you're about to choke out. "it's jennie."

"oh."

well, that's the last thing you expected. you thought she'd freak out more about it just like she did with jihyo, but she actually turned out sounding slightly disappointed.

she turned silent for a little bit, causing you to shift uneasily in your seat. "what? do you think she's gonna be mad? fuck, chaeng, should i just forget about it and shut my gay ass u--"

"no," chaeyoung cut off your rambling, much to your relief. "it's just..."

you raised your eyebrow at her as she trailed, looking a little hesitant about the information she's just about to give up. "what is it, chaengie?"

you saw the way chaeyoung visibly blush at the nickname, she always does since the first time you started calling her that, and you think it's adorable. slightly clearing her throat as she finally looked up at you with a forced smile on her tempting lips, she mumbled,

"jennie just told me this morning that she likes you, too."

-