X

-

chu, i'm sorry

-

you realized what real pain actually felt like when you were suddenly woken up from your slumber at 3 in the morning with a phone call from the red-headed beauty.

"yeah, chaeng?" you mumbled, sleep clearly evident in your voice as you croaked the words out. "what's up?"

"chu..."

the helpless sniffles and restrained sobs from the other line of the phone call caused you to suddenly jolt awake, eyes widening as you slowly registered the fact that chaeyoung was crying. "hey, why are you crying?" you worriedly asked, now completely sitting at the edge of your bed. "what happened, chaengie?"

you heard nothing but muffled sobs on the other line, realizing that the nickname only made the red-head cry even more, hurting evident in the sounds of her restrained whimpers. you felt your heart clench.

"i'm sorry i woke you up," you heard chaeyoung managed to let out in between unconrolled sobs. "i just can't - fuck. i want to talk to someone about it."

you finally understand what she's talking about, feeling your heart shatter into pieces, as her reaction was way worse that you've expected when she finds out about it. however, before you could even respond, you furrow your eyebrows at chaeyoung's next words.

"chu, i'm sorry."

swallowing a lump in your throat, you tried your best to ignore the aching in your heart as well. "what for, chaeng?"

you heard her sniffle as she forcefully choke out,

"i know you're hurt, too."

her words had you speechless, opening your mouth to say something yet only ending up closing it again as you come up with nothing.

chaeyoung apologizing because of something her girlfriend did; it just fucking broke you.

you wanted nothing but to hug her as tight as you can, let her cry in your arms as you caress her hair lovingly and whisper hushed comforting words in her ear.

you just want to stop her hurting, because it feels like when you do,

your own hurting would stop too.

"chaengie," you called, successfully earning you a silent, 'hmm?' in response from the crying red-head on the other line. letting out a sigh, you tried your best not to stutter as you forcefully let out,

"do you wanna watch a movie?"

-