XII - end

-

so jennie and lisa hooked up, do you think we should too?

-

you drove to the local drive-in not too far away from chaeyoung's neighborhood. it's 3:30 in the morning, so basically there weren't much people in there. there's only probably eight to ten cars parked in the wide space, yours included.

you stared at chaeyoung next to you, who has already stopped crying since you pulled away from the hug a few minutes ago outside her house. she was silent, yet her clutch on the side of your shirt didn't even loosen a tiny bit, refusing when you offered to hold her hand instead because she wanted you to focus on driving.

chaeyoung turned to look at you as well, eyes puffy from all the crying, yet there's still a glint of geniune happiness in it, and the thought that maybe you were the reason why it's there just made your heart race as if it's going to jump out of your chest.

reaching out to grab your hand, the red-head sighed before turning to face the huge screen in front of you and leaning her head against your shoulder comfortably. you watched the way her own shoulders relax as she sighed in content. "thanks for taking me away, chu."

it's weird how those words made your heart flutter in an instant, when you shouldn't because, it's just chaeyoung. but then, you didn't mind. anyway, it felt nice. you smiled, eyes not leaving the red-head latching onto you.

"thanks for calling me in the middle of the night."

you felt chaeyoung smile as she continued to watch the film playing on the screen - whatever the hell that movie even was. you weren't really paying attention.

you didn't care because you were watching chaeyoung instead,

wondering why you're feeling way happier right now than you ever did with jennie in your entire almost two years of relationship.

deciding to shrug off the thought, you decided to just focus on the movie as well.

both you and chaeyoung sat there, inside your car, watching an old classic movie in the town's local drive-in, leaning against each other's sides with your hands clasped tightly onto each other's. you felt contented.

"they're such bastards."

you find yourself smiling at the red-head's words. "hell yeah, they are." you agreed as you let out a sigh. "i'm sorry i didn't tell you, chaeng."

you heard chaeyoung hum comofrtingly as she whispered out, "it's alright, chu. i understand." closing her eyes, she let out a sigh as well. "you didn't want to hurt me."

you gulped, feeling somewhat undeserving of the girl's preciousness.

fuck! how lisa found the guts to hurt and cheat on the girl in your arms right now; it'd remain a mystery to you.

you found yourself speechless, so instead you just let out a light chuckle, deciding to try and lighten up the conversation in an attempt to at least cheer the red-head up. "so jennie and lisa hooked up, do you think we should too?"

the rate of your heart instantly raised at the peak when chaeyoung didn't laugh at your joke. instead, she looked up at you, hazel eyes staring deeply into yours with her cherry lips slightly parted as she glanced down your trembling bow-shaped ones.

you felt your throat going completely dry when you felt chaeyoung's soft lips press firmly against yours, slender arms wrapping completely around your neck as she leaned her tiny figure closer to you. you thought you were gonna pass out, as kissing chaeyoung was something you never expected in your entire life. her lips were soft and sweet, like the cotton candy she was holding that you stole a bite from during that day in the school's homecoming game.

it's funny how you thought you cheated on your girlfriend that day, when it was actually the other way around.

and god, right now, all you wanted to do was thank jennie - maybe even send her an expensive present - for cheating on you.

you silently planned it inside your head as you held onto chaeyoung's waist and kissed her back just as passionately.

your kiss lasted for a good minute, probably two with all that jaw and ear and neck kissing in between, before you both decided to finally pull away, eyes locking into each other's firmly as giddy smiles suddenly start to form in both of yours lips at the same time.

you watched the way chaeyoung's eyes travel down your swollen lips, leaning in to peck on it again for one second, before pulling away and giving you the sweetest grin you've decided is your favorite sight from now on.

"why don't you take me out on a date first?"

-