VI

-

this isn't cheating, right?

-

a few more months had passed and now you're utterly confused.

jennie's been acting weird these past few weeks, and she wouldn't give up the reason why.

you'd simply ask her 'what's wrong?' or 'is everything okay?' whenever she excuses herself every-fucking-minute to go to the washroom or answer an important phone call, and she'd only respond a hurried 'yeah' or 'of course' to you everytime. at first you didn't mind, but the habit went on and on for days until it happened so often, it would actually shock you if it didn't.

anyway, like you swore, you trust your girlfriend. so sitting by yourself on the bleachers of your school's homecoming basketball game isn't much of a big deal - at least you force yourself to believe that it isn't - because jennie left you again as she got an urgent call from her mom, saying it's an emergency and that she has to go home asap.

the only thing that's left for you to do was to sigh, smile and nod, and kiss the cat eyed girl on the cheek (since she wouldn't let you on her lips because 'this is a public place, jisoo. that'd be pda.')

anyway, you're cool with that too.

nothing suspiscious.

"hey, chichu."

the familiar aussie-accented voice snapped you out of your daze in an instant, causing you to look up and find chaeyoung standing in front of you with a grin plastered firmly on her face. she has an extra large bowl of popcorn in one hand, and a huge roll of pink cotton candy in the other. you smiled at her back as you found the sight incredibly adorable.

"you sure you're gonna eat all that?" you asked as you gently patted the space next to you, silently asking the red-head to sit down.

chaeyoung playfully narrowed her eyes at you before sitting down beside you and letting the bowl of popcorn rest in the space between your bodies. "don't challenge me, kim. i can even eat you for dessert after finishing all these."

both of your eyes went wide at the red-head's statement. you felt your throat going dry that instant, watching the way chaeyoung's cheek furiously blushed as her face painted with shock as well. the huge cotton candy almost stuck into the hair of the guy beside her when she frantically waved her hands in panic as she hurriedly let out,

"oh, wait. no, no, no! i didn't-- i just meant-- ahh, stop laughing at me, kim jisoo!"

you didn't realize you were already in hysterics as chaeyoung continued to yell scolding words at you, the furious blush still not leaving her flustered face. god, she's so cute you could just-

oh but you can't.

you cleared your throat as you slowly calm down, but the amused grin was still plastered on your face as you leaned in closer to the flustered red-head and let your eyes wander down her plump cherry lips hungrily, making her widen her eyes at your odd gestures. you bit your lip to stop yourself from laughing again as you continued to come closer towards her, eyes still glued on her lips in a very inappropriate way.

you almost lost it when chaeyoung shut her eyes closed, the grip on her cotton candy stick getting tighter each second, as she held her breath, preparing for whatever the hell you were planning to do.

though you were aware she couldn't see you, you spoke in the sultriest tone, "i think it's best if you just stick with your cotton candy, chipmunk."

the statement caused chaeyoung's eyes to finally flutter open, and that's when you took a huge bite from the pink cotton candy in her hand, tugging the stick a little, before leaning back, with a mouthful of the sweet treat melting in your mouth. you couldn't help but grin amusedly at the red-head's reaction, as her expression showed a combination of both relief and disappointment at the same time.

you ignored the fact that it's the only moment you felt yourself smiling genuinely again, like you always did before jennie gave you her hot and cold treatment just a few weeks back. and you're grateful to chaeyoung for being the reason behind that smile today.

wait. this isn't cheating, right?

you convinced yourself it's not. after all, chaeyoung's one of your best friends too. so, no.

there's no way you're cheating on jennie because of this.

-