VIII

-

come on, chu

-

two days eventually passed and you didn't tell a soul about that library encounter with jennie and lisa.

jihyo's been noticing the way you and jennie both act weirdly around each other for the past days, yet you wouldn't give her the answer that would satisfy her, not wanting to ruin jennie's and lisa's images despite what they did to you behind your back.

however, when jihyo stopped bothering you about it, you guessed that jennie told her about your break up. because now, chaeyoung's the one bothering you, asking tons of questions you just couldn't seem to answer no matter how much you try to.

"come on, chu!" the red-head whined as she continued to grab your arm in an attempt to make you talk. "jihyo told me about the break up and i promised her i'd talk to you about it, as she'd talk to jennie. we wouldn't want to pick sides just because you guys called it off. but how am i gonna comfort you if you wouldn't even share a single detail to me?"

you only sent her a smile, hoping it would mask your emotions as you really don't know how to respond.

because every single detail involves your girlfriend as well.

because then you'd find out that lisa was cheating on you with my girlfriend, and it'd be the cause of the end of the relationship you've invested two whole years of your life on.

because then you'd be shattered into pieces like i was.

you can't say that.

you don't know why, but you were just so certain that you wouldn't be able to stand the way chaeyoung's smile would slowly fade from her lips the moment you tell her about it.

you knew she has that right to know that her girlfriend was betraying her, shamelessly cheating on her with her own fucking best friend;

but you would never want to see the traces of pain taking over the red-head's face.

you just can't.

so you kept your mouth shut.

-