Cartina Wedding. (Part 1)

Chapter 7: Cartina Wedding.  (Part 1)

D.

"Yes Ill have another Remy shot." I asked the bartender as he wiped down the counter and exhaled, "How are you getting out of here?"

"I used Uber. Now please pour me another shot." I told him as he nodded and grabbed the bottle from behind him. I was so lucky to rush out of that dinner and call an Uber to the nearest lounge and it was just perfect to hideaway in my thoughts. Miguel mom started some shit and made me doubt this whole thing. This entire damn weekend was planned to finally marry someone who I thought I could give my all to. Someone I can spend the rest of my life with and to think he is doing this for a come up has my mind spinning.

"Cheated or getting cheated on." I heard a voice from the side of me as I turned around and seen an much older man but he was still handsome. One of those D.I.L.Fs. He was sitting in the stool over from me as I grabbed my shot and exhaled, "neither. I am under 24 hours away from marrying a man that  was about to rob my ass blind." His eyes stretched wide and he chuckled, "Damn! Well atleast you know now."

"Do I? Because with all I just heard I am still ready to marry him. You ever loved someone so much that your heart beats with theirs...when you hug both of y'all souls become one!" I snapped as he chuckled and stated, "With my ex wife I did...that ended bad and I had all the signs that we wouldnt last and I just kept on pushing and forcing the wrong puzzle piece in. The only love story I know is my baby brother, Benji. He and his husband are renewing their vows in Mykonos later this upcoming week. My flight is delayed so I came here for a drink. And my brother and Jeremiah story ended as my idiot ass brother chose his high-school sweetheart time and time again—and it ended not being what he needed. So with love its just a open door with many possibilities."

"So what are you saying with all of this?" I asked him.

"What I am saying is you decide what you want...you know him and if you love him then marry him..however if there is a doubt in your mind and you cant get pass it don't do it. Don't go thru the charade of a marriage only for it to end" the man told me as his phone rung on the bar. He picked it up and answered, "Yes this is Dandrickseth..." what the fuck kind of name is that?

"PERFECT! Im headed back to the Airport now." He stood up and shook my hand and walked off. I said, "it was nice meeting you and I think I am going to get out of here too. I have to talk to him."

An hour later, I opened the Castle doors and walked in as I saw Jamarah flying pass me out the door with her luggage dragging behind her. I asked, "What the fuck happened?"

"Enjoy your wedding if it is one..but I cant stay here." She said in a rush as I closed the doors and walked down into the living room and I seen Maya and Teddy playing Scrabble. I exhaled and said, "What happened to Jamarah?"

"She was caught up and was exposed for messing with Uncle Romeo at dinner." Maya said as she placed a letter tile down.

"An eventful dinner it was." I mumbled.

"And if you are wondering Miguel isn't here. He rushed out looking for you. Everyone else is out back having the after dinner cocktail party." Teddy added. I turned in my heels and walked up the backstairs and went into my room and I kicked my shoes off. I climbed into my king size bed and I laid back I felt my head fall back on a thigh. I hopped up and Rimah cut the night stand light on.

"Ive been waiting here all damn night for you to come back. I even dozed off and ate a damn half of carton of ice cream. And you smell like liquor—its coming out your damn pores." She told me as I sat up and replied, "Umm you are in my room. I can smell like liquor."