Miles of clouded hell

Hey, and welcome to chapter 15. Here we have a lot of debuts so let me tell you before you get in here

1. Santana's Brother
2. Rachel's sister
3. Kurt's Mom

Song's featured: It's Time By Imagine Dragons, Rock-a-bye baby (don't ask)

Word count: 7029

(Longest chapter I have ever written)

The chapter starts off from the very last :)

------------------------------------------------------
"But sometimes remembering isn't for yourself, sometimes you do it just to make someone else smile. Those lies were allowed."

- Holly Jackson

~K~

They've been on the phone for an hour now, forgetting to talk about the project and more about random things they see. Thought bubbles that our popping in their heads falling out of their mouths before they can catch them. They're shooting stars against the early morning sky.

"I hope Sam doesn't miss his chapstick," Blaine says through the line. It's more of him talking to himself than anything.

Kurt nods even though Blaine can't see him. Maybe he should have some fun with this? It's getting late and he's getting bored.

"That's not actually Sam's chapstick..." He decides to say. Blaine's breath pauses.

"It's not?" Blaine sounds surprised.

"No," Kurt says, watching a car pass by as it's headlights illuminate his room into a bright yellow. "I mean, it is -- just it was empty when I stole it... So..."

The sound of Blaine's laugh fills Kurt's ear. It's cracking at the edges, and a bit worn out from the night. They've been laughing a lot.

"What?"

"Oh it's just..." Blaine trails off, leaving Kurt mildly worried. "It's just that my brother used to steal empty cans from people's garbage, and he would say that exact thing."

"Cooper Anderson stole?" Now that's something you don't hear everyday. "What did he want with the cans, anyway? To keep all his dental hygiene stuff clean?"

"No, he made pots for my mom's flowers to grow in," Blaine says. Kurt can practically see the smile he has on his face right now, "They were cute, with little googly-eyes and pipe-cleaner limbs. I wish I could show them to you but we left them at the house when we moved."

Kurt catches himself smiling and he drops it quickly, his face falling a couple inches. Little lies, little excuses, leave his mouth. Tiny phrases that'll make him seem different. And when Blaine's responding, Kurt's lying some more. All he knows is that he's tired of being awake; he wants to feel the sheets bellow him. And then he knows he wants to talk to someone, someone who doesn't know him all that much. Someone new. His clock shines bright: twelve past one. Have they been talking that long or are Kurt's eyes too blurry to tell the difference between a minute and an hour?

"Blaine," it's a whisper in the middle of Blaine's sentence, a tiny thorn that pricks a finger tip, "can I call you back tomorrow?

"Oh yeah, of course -- sure," Blaine finally says after a pause.