afterlife, 6th

the white tiger and the grim reaper

--

wanderland

Her heart throbbing in pain and her mind full of anxiety. She opened her eyes as a pink blossoms fell down on her dress that matched the color of the blossom— Cherry blossom trees are everywhere. "Is this heaven?" she wondered as she stood up and looked around —a forest full of cherry blossom trees. the blossoms slowly falling down, the wind slowly blowing her black long hair away from her shoulders. A slow motion moment she wished that could last forever.

A faint sound of steps in the dried leaves was approaching the girl. Her head faced the back, following the faint, soft sound. Terrified expression was created in her face. A minute had passed, she carefully focused on the sounds, waiting for another step from another human. Is she scared? Not at all. Just terrified.

"A siren?" The sweetest voice was heard that created a beautiful melody that can put you to sleep. Another one and one and one. Annchi found her way to the echo of the voice, she walked and walked until the sweet echo was very close to her.

"a t—tiger?"

Jangsan tiger. In Korean folklore, a tiger is known to mimic a woman's voice to lure their victims. In Chinese folklore, it protects human life. This tiger will bring you to the afterlife, moreover can bring you to the land of death, wanderland—they still wander around in the land of living. The souls of the dead with last wishes.

Does annchi have her last wish?

--

A shock expression was left on her face as she looked at the white tiger. Who wouldn't be surprised? The sweetest voice was from the tiger—there's no other living being in the forest besides her and the tiger. The tiger's limbs and paws made its walk towards a path—"a magical path? Magic doesn't exist, annchi. Don't be stupid"

Out of curiosity she followed the tiger—why would she follow a tiger? Besides of her curiosity, maybe, because she just doesn't want to be alone again, but she's lifeless. Remember annchi, you're dead.

She followed the tiger, until they both made their way to an old looking gate with almost half of it was full of leaves. They both made its way inside, revealing a gorgeous, bright serenity and gold colored mansion. the wooden doors welcomed her with a black suited- man—tall, toned arms, his gray with a hint of silver hair, a beautiful eyes that can make you fall deep into him (be careful) and a handsome smile.

"is this heaven?" The softest chuckle escaped the handsome man's mouth; "no"

"I believe you need my guide?" the masculine man sharpened his gaze.

"a what?" a confused annchi responded.

"I'll guide you until you see your destination." The handsome man said, with a smile still formed on his lips. As unbelievable as it sound, Annchi on the other hand, still in shock as usual. a minute of silence passed, all of the information annchi had been hearing was still processing in her mind. After another three minutes of silence, the handsome man continued;

"I'm the grim reaper, and welcome to wanderland"

"this mansion is where the souls of the dead come " The grim reaper is the figure of death, who guides the dead souls on their way to heaven or hell. This grim reaper can bring you comfort, can fulfill your last wishes in the land of living, and can give you your punishments.

annchi's mouth forms an "o" and nod, without understanding the whole situation she is in. "you're annchi, 18 years old. And you died because of........." he stopped while looking at the paper that he's holding, eyes scanning through every word. "accident"

"that's tragic" he continued as he adverted his eyes through annchi's eyes.

It is indeed tragic.

- -

the land of the dead in the land of the living. What again? It is the place of the dead souls in the land of the living. others are hoping to see the heaven, others are waiting for someone to come with them, others stay longer, because they still can't accept their loss, others have their last wishes, others still have grudges on them.

The souls. Some souls here are lost—the ones who ended their life due to personal reasons, they are the ones who were killed by some unknown reason. Grateful soul—they died of natural causes, they fulfilled their dreams before the death came. Cursed soul—they've done evilness in their life, some are bad spirits, some have deep grudges and are revengeful.

Lost souls often have their last wishes, and can have punishments if they committed sins with their living body. Grateful souls often wanted to have their last good byes, a heart breaking good bye. ursed souls often have their punishments before the grim reaper send them to hell, or to their second life, they may be reincarnated as an animal, or insects.

Second life, are given to selected people—if they accepted their fate or punishment, if they have unfinished business. They can be born to the same body they have before, or to another living being.

This wonderland, as scary as it may sound like a trap. but it is a place of comfort for the lost and the dead. it is disguised in a form of  a magnificent, and beautiful mansion with serenity and golden walls. Guarded by a white tiger, who escorts the dead souls to the mansion, and changes into a human form. the grim reaper, who guides the dead souls on their way to heaven, fulfills their last wishes, and good byes.

Mago/deity. They are divine that can affect a being's life and death. Perhaps they know a human's whole life sequence, their past, their future, and their death. they have their own assigned humans to be observed and guided. they send signals to the grim reaper whether what to do with the souls.