seasons, 9th

the blossoms and the storm

Seungcheol—the anxious, and somewhat agitated grim reaper was startled when he saw a figure of a man facing the pile of books placed on the book shelves that extends up to the top corner of the room. "are they having a hard time staying in your mansion?" the man spoke;

"oh my jisoos"

"geez, you don't need to surprise me like that. you scared the hell out of me" seungcheol fixed his suit with his one hand, his other hand still holding his chest from the somewhat jump scare he felt. Grim reapers are quite sensitive with feelings, especially him. He would whine for about five minutes when you scared him or you teased him-- weird right?

"surpise" the man who appeared in his black and white that radiates a pure energy off of him said, he placed his hat down the table near him revealing his black silky hair. "do you perhaps remember something?"

"w-what do you mean?" the clueless seungcheol raised his eyebrow;

-          -

mourn day-- goryeo dynasty

"that seems to be lot of baggages, considering you're alone"

"did someone die? or did you killed someone?" the man in black and white hanbok asked, his hair so messy, his face full with dirt. He seems to annoy the short-tempered emperor who had been hiding from his palace for a week. The people in his town were not worried, instead they're scared, a murderer was no were to be seen. "how many did you killed?" the man asked again;

Soonyoung, his younger brother; and his soon-to-be-queen that he hates so much, he wishes that if only the girl that he would be marrying is the traitor-foreign princess from china that she met; but she was dead by rummaging to the point of the sword in the middle of the bloody fight. he killed those two, and has no one else left.

-          -

There can only be two reasons why a mere emperor like seungcheol can see the man in black and white hanbok; he killed someone, or perhaps he's on his way to be killed. However, none of those two reasons why the man in hanbok appeared on the emperor's site; "i came here for the innocent soul of the girl, but I sensed you got her first." Why does he got the soul of the girl? Maybe she followed him.

"so, I guess getting you won't be a pain in my divine ass. Isn't it?" the man that seems to be a deity made a blinding shine of white light and there he summoned the emperor's soul; and gave him a punishment of being a grim reaper; the deity left him with a phrase, "a bloom is your flourish, a storm is the opposite"

-          -

back in wanderland

"flowers are blooming in the middle of summer" the peculiar news headlines are getting attention from the people. Some thought of it as a result of abnormal climate change—maybe, its climate change. But for the deity who's wearing his sunglasses, to head to the yacht he rented doesn't agree with the people. "he is back with it again" he thought;

The last thing he remembered is that, this has already happened a long time ago. the deity's flight to his vacation trip to jeju island was cancelled due to the sudden storm in the middle of a scorching hot summer that occurred last 2011. He was stuck at the airport, waiting for his driver to arrive and pick him up—he was so pissed, just like what he is right now. From the port, he went straight back to the grim reaper and nag to the sudden mood change.

-          -

"if anything happened, I hope it won't be about her again" the deity slams the newspaper that he got on his way to the mansion. he blinks several times, giving seungcheol a look of disbelief. Seungcheol sighs.

"what can I do?" seungcheol scratched the back of his hair, the natural curls of it became messier. He looked very attractive, even the slickest man in front of him cannot deny that fact.

"stop thinking about her. She's not here"

"and besides we have more important thing to do" the deity takes a step towards seungcheol, his eyes looking into the deep gaze of the grim reaper, observing his emotions. 

"the boy will be alive in a week. The deity assigned to him will discuss the rest" he continued. He then exited the room, leaving seungcheol dumbfounded. Perhaps, the deity thought he was lying—but he wasn't. he wished she wasn't here.