~Chapter 8: Hogwarts Express~

Pansy-

I feel dizzy and I also poked myself with the Slytherin prefect pin. So all things considered this has not been the greatest morning. Now I am sitting in front of my vanity, trying to put mascara on, but my hands keep shaking, eventually, I gave up on the mascara and walk downstairs to meet my mother. 

" Accio Pansy's trunks" I hear Mother shout as I descend the stairs, still feeling faint.

" Pans? You alright?" Mother asks. "Want some food? Able to side-along-apparate?" 

" No. Mother I am fine. " I reply. Skinny. I can do it.

In a flash, my mother and I arrived outside King's Cross Station. My knees nearly gave out, but thankfully I manage to sit down on one of my trunks. Mother didn't say anything. After a few moments, she turns to me and whispers: "Remember failure is not an option." 

I know exactly what she is talking about, it is the only thing I have been thinking about. At that moment the Malfoys arrived. Mother immediately straightens and after greetings, we all walk toward platform 9 and three-quarters.

Once on the platform, I am immediately surrounded by fellow Slytherins.

"Hey, Pansy!" 

"Yo, Malfoy, Parkinson!" 

"Pansy, over here!"

I put on my signature smile and turn around to see good-bye to mother. Then mother suddenly grabs me and says: "I am not going to crack like this again. Listen to me, be careful I can't lose you as well. Please be safe."  Then she got up again, I can't hide my shock. What just happened? Did my mother just hug me in public? With no time to process this information, Draco grabs my hand and leads me onto the train. The next time I turn around, my mother is already gone.

" Draco I have prefect duties," I say, slowing down. "And so do you." 

" You can cover for me, Pans." Draco says " You love me." 

" Save me a seat." 

" As always."

In the prefect compartment, I found Granger talking with that dirty Weasley boy; ignoring them (but not risking a glance at Granger) I went to sit beside Padma Patil from Ravenclaw. It is probably my imagination, but is Granger staring at me? Every time I turn to look, she turns her head so fast, her bushy hair looks even bushier. 

After patrolling the hallway, I return to the Slytherin compartment. Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco had already started eating treats from the trolley. I took a seat next to Draco, then he moves his body so that his head is in my lap.

"Back so soon, Parkinson?" Blaise asks.

"Nothing interesting happening, unless you count the drama between Cho and Potter interesting. " I reply.

" Cho and Potter?" Draco asks, perking up.

" You dumbhead, it is all over the school! Now according to my gossip source, Cho and Harry can't even stay in the same room without one of them dying of embarrassment," Blaise laughs. " But I can't stay long, I have got to go to Professor Slughorn's compartment, apparently." 

" He the new defense against the dark arts teacher?" Goyle asks.

" Probably. " Blaise answers as he left the compartment.

I continue stroking Malfoy's hair, not sorry to say I am completely neglecting to do any prefect duty. After a while, Zabini got back and apparently is having trouble closing the compartment door.

"Stupid. Useless. Door." Blaise complains as he repeatedly tries to jam the door close, then he was thrown from the door and into Goyle's lap. Causing everyone to laugh as Blaise and Goyle start to argue. Recovering, Blaise gets up again and this time closes the door without an incident.