~Chapter 19: New Beginning~

Hermione-

Pansy Parkinson and Draco Malfoy are both gone by the next morning, the Slytherin table quieter than they have been all year. 

Dumbledore is dead. He is dead.

The entire Wizarding World is in shock, what is even more shocking is that Professor Snape killed him.

"Mate, tell us again what really happened?" Ron asks Harry.

"Draco and Pansy used the vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement to transport Death Eaters into the castle. That's what they were doing all those nights in that room. After the Death Eaters enter the castle, Draco is being told to kill Dumbledore, but I see his hand shaking...eventually, Snape killed Dumbledore," Harry says, looking disheartened.

With Dumbledore now dead, Lord Voldemort will be even more powerful.

"I won't return to Hogwarts next year, I have to find the Horcruxes," Harry exclaims, looking up at us, "this is the thing Dumbledore always wanted me to do". 

"We will be with you," I say, putting both arms around Harry and Ron.

"I can't believe he sent Draco and Pansy to kill Dumbledore," Ron says, shaking his head in disbelief.

Harry look lost in thought, I know he is still thinking about Malfoy. I don't think he will ever stop thinking about the time he had spent with Draco, because...I will never forget the short-haired Slytherin girl.

Next year Harry, Ron, and I will leave Hogwarts and attempt to find and destroy Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes. Whether we will survive is uncertain. 

What I am certain of is that Dumbledore's death marks a new beginning.