~Chapter 13: Finally~

Hermione-

It has been a week since Harry and I found Draco and Pansy passed out at the bottom of the stairs, and since then, every time Harry and I have a break we take out the invisibility cloak and sneak down to the hospital wing to see the two Slytherins. 

"Why aren't they awake yet?" Harry says from beside me, under the cloak, worry apparent in his voice.

"Madam Pomfrey did say it is the Cruciatus Curse," I say, as I stare worriedly at Pansy, "and even she said it was the strongest Cruciatus Curse she had seen."

"I know, but Draco and Pansy should have been awake already!" Harry continues.

"Finally saying his first name now," I say, smiling despite the circumstances.

"Hermione, you're right...I do like Draco...for a long time now."

"You are my best friend, you can't hide anything from me."

After a few moments of comfortable silence and Harry staring intensely at Draco and me at Pansy.

"Look, the Slytherins are coming," Harry whispers, pulling the cloak tighter around us.

Blaise Zabini, Crabbe, Goyle, Nott, Greengrass, Pike, and Bulstrode have been coming in here every few hours, checking up on their two friends. I didn't know they are that close.

"Malfoy, Parkinson," Blaise says, sitting down on Pansy's bed, "the common room is quiet without you two."

"We m-miss you, Pans," Daphne cries, "I--I..." Daphne never finishes that sentence, she just sits on the chair beside Pansy, holding her hand. Then Blaise holds onto Pansy's other hand.

I am not jealous. 

Fine, I am.

"Stop crying Greengrass, you are not making anything better," Nott says, as he sits beside Draco.

Daphne continues to cry, but everyone else is quiet...lost in their thoughts I guess and the possibility if they never wake up.

After an hour or so, Madam Pomfrey rushes the Slytherin out of the hospital wing. After they all left, Madam Pomfrey came to Draco and Pansy's beds, sighs, then pull the curtains around their beds closed. Thinking she is alone, she says, "it's been a week already if they don't wake up soon I will go knock on their parents' doors if I have to." Then she goes to her room, turning off the lights.

Harry and I finally got out from under the Invisibility Cloak, our limbs so sore.

"Mufliato," Harry says, as he waves his wand so that Madam Pomfrey can't overhear us.

"Hermione, what if they never wake up?" Harry asks.

"They will. They HAVE to," I reply as I go to Pansy's bed like I have been doing for the past seven days. 

Another week has passed and Draco and Pansy still hadn't wakened up. Harry and I have been becoming more paranoid with worry with each passing hour. Even Professor McGonagall is worried about Harry and me, one day she asked us to go to her office. 

"What is going on with you two?" She asked sternly, "Granger your work has slipped from the 'outstandings' to now a struggling 'acceptable', what is going on?"

"Nothing, Professor," I said," just a bit more stressed than usual,"

 I am going to tell her the real reason why my work has slipped.

"We just need some time to sort things out," Harry said.

"Well, if either of you needs help from me, I will always be here," McGonagall said, dismissing us.