~Chapter 16: Headless~

Pansy-

Today is May first.

The cabinet is still broken.

For the past few months, Draco and I went to the Room of Requirements each night in hopes for the cabinet to finally vanish the birds; but all we got were piles of bird corpses and our hands stained with blood. I thought things are looking up when Draco finally starts dating Harry and Hermione becoming friends with me...I was wrong. Now, I can't even seem to care about any other things besides the vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirements. I can see Draco and Harry falling apart as well. At this point, it seems like Draco is almost avoiding Harry. I know why, it is because it is hard to keep secrets from the ones close to you; every time Hermione questions me I always have to find another excuse as to why I look so tired all the time, why I am even thinner, what have I been up to. Like Draco, I begin to avoid Hermione, not acknowledging her in Arithmancy.

It is hard.

It is hard to not talk to Hermione. It is hard to fix the cabinet. It is hard to think about what is going to happen if Draco and I don't fix the cabinet.

Today is the first of May. Smile, Pansy.

Hermione-

After this morning's encounter with Draco and Pansy in front of the Room of Requirement, we still don't know what the two Slytherins are up to. Before breakfast I see Harry attempting to corner Draco after he came out from the Slytherin common room with the usual Slytherin gang (including Pansy).

"Draco," Harry calls, as he steps out of the shadows," give me a minute."

I can see Draco hesitates, then with a shake of his head, begin to walk away from Harry. But Harry is not going to let Draco go that easily, "Draco, look at ME," Harry says, as he turns Draco to face him, not caring that a small crowd is beginning to gather around to look.

"What do you want, Potter?" Draco says, annoyed.

"I am asking you, where did you go last night?" Harry asks as he continues to pin Malfoy against the wall.

"Nowhere, why do you feel the need to know where I am at all times?" Draco replies, but I could see him stiffen when Harry asked the question.

"Draco, just tell me," Harry switches to pleading, "maybe I could help."

"No," Draco says so softly, I almost didn't catch what Draco is saying, "no one can..."

At this point, Pansy finally speaks up, "Potter, I think you have overstayed your welcome here," going to where Harry had pinned Draco to the wall, "leave. Now."

"What are you going to do about it, Pansy," Harry says, turning to Pansy, "I have to ask you too, what are you two doing last night on the seventh floor?"

Pansy freezes on the spot, unable to conceal her surprise.

"I knew it," continues Harry, "you two are up to something, tell me, I can't stand the way you two are moping around each day."

Pansy finally snaps out of her shock, "can't stand Draco and I 'moping around each day'? Who told you to look at us anyway. We can't dirty the Chosen One's eyes. Now, can't we?"

"Pansy, just tell us what is going on," I plead, "we can help."

Pansy swirls around to face me, "you were on it too, huh? Following us around, isn't it fun suspecting the two Slytherins and hoping to catch them doing illegal things? Can't wait to turn us in?"

This is going so wrong, "that's not our intention--" before I could finish my sentence, Harry pulls Draco's hand and forcefully leads him away from the crowd.