~Chapter 18: Dead~

Pansy-

I rejoin the fight, but I can't stop thinking about Granger.

"Parkinson, stay focused," I hear Bellatrix yell.

I snap out of my reverie.

"Avada Kedavra," I shout.

It feels like a century has passed, but no side is gaining an advantage.

"Set up the barrier," Carrow shouts.

Pumped with adrenaline, I run to the base of the tower just as Carrow shut the barrier behind me. 

"Is Draco already up there?" I ask, out of breath.

"Yes, should we wait down here?" Greyback ask.

"Why would we want to wait down here?" Bellatrix asks, incredulous.

"Because the boy and the girl are supposed to kill Dumbledore, I don't want to--"

"If Draco can kill Dumbledore, he would have done so already, let's go before the Dark Lord gets mad at all of us," Bellatrix says, as she begins to climb the stairs to the tower.

The rest of us follow suit.

On the tower, we see Draco holding out his wand at the vulnerable Dumbledore. And two broomsticks lying against the balcony. Potter. 

"Ah, I was wondering whether you would have company," Dumbledore says, unhurriedly, even though Draco is holding his wand at him, "good evening Miss.Parkinson."

I smirk at Dumbledore, "good evening to you too, sir."

"Kill him, Draco," Bellatrix purrs next to Draco.

"Do it, boy," 

But Draco's hand starts shaking, then eventually Professor Snape comes into the tower.

"Please, Severus," Dumbledore pleads. It is a shock to see Dumbledore pleading, he always seems so confident and unbothered.

"Avada Kedavra," Snape says, emotionless.

We all watch in amazement as Dumbledore falls down the lightning-struck tower.

Before I could process everything, the fact that Dumbledore is dead, Snape pulls me and Draco by the neck and leads us down the stairs. With Snape's hand on the cuff of my school robe, Draco and I are practically being carried out of the castle and we almost made it to the gates surrounding the school. 

Where we could disapparate out of here.

Then suddenly, "You, coward!"

I turn around to see Potter standing with his wand raised at Snape, "he trusted you!"

"Draco, Pansy," Snape yells, letting go of our robes, "go!"

Draco and I both run to the gate of Hogwart, I turn around to see Harry trying to fight Professor Snape.

"Pansy, come on!" Draco calls.

In a moment, both of us disapparated out of Hogwarts and arrive at Malfoy Manor.