🌑 . . chapter eight.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ smoke doesn't make me feel good . . . in fact, it's shit. ❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( july 19, 2018 )

cw // harmful substances

MOON RAEIL
< love
< doyoung
< dy track
< kim dongyoung
< bruh reply
< ik ur online

KIM DONGYOUNG
yes???? >
love make it quick i'm at practice >

MOON RAEIL
< get me tf oUTTA HERE
< fuck bein a paid adult
< college never told me majority of office employees r so fucking annoying theyre so fcking ew
< i didnt sign up for this lvl of mistreatment
< MAYBE I SHOULDVE TOOK MEDICAL SO I STUDIED LONGER
< IM SORRY MOM U WERE RIGHT I SHOULDVE PULLED A MEDICAL STUDENT BC IM NOT READY RO GET THIS STRESSED AT 22 YROLD
< IM TOO YOUNG DOR THIS BULLSHIT
< i want to commit resign
< but i cant 😔
< 😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔
< fuck work
< fuck life

KIM DONGYOUNG
u okay???? >

MOON RAEIL
< do i look ok to u

KIM DONGYOUNG
damn just asking >
i'll pick u up later >

( ❑❑❑ )

"you had a bad day, huh?"

doyoung arrived to raeil's office right after band practice. there and then, the girl opened the door to the passenger's seat and sat down, plastering a visible frown which had frustration written all over it.

"yeah, no shit," setting her bag down, she replied, "i hate being a call center agent. i'm barely two months in but everyone is literally giving me reasons to hate my job! my boss is an asshole, my teammates are unbelievable fucks, the other staffs are unapproachable bitches, the clients are dumbasses, and everything's just— ugh."

she sure wasn't lying when she said she wanted to resort to resignation. the sincerity of her anger said it all.

doyoung's expression serving as the initial reply showed how he had an idea which, in his opinion, was bound to go well.

in his opinion, at least.

so, with attempts to push all the hesitation aside, he pulled out a packet from the compartment near him, earning a response containing utter surprise.

"what the fuck?!" raeil exclaimed, emphasis heightened. "are you a weed addict now? since when? aren't you the band's main vocalist?"

"excuse me, i haven't even tried this before," the male defended himself. "the person selling this in a very shady manner heard me saying i've never tried smoking and probably would never then began begging me to buy. i said no at first, of course. but then they gave me a huge discount and said it helps someone cope with stress and i thought of you. that stressed message spam you sent me earlier was concerning."

purchasing shit like that was honestly a dumb idea which he himself regret, but he couldn't back down anymore.

"so you think ruining my lungs is an act of concern?"

"not at all, but i bought it with all my pocket money and i'm gonna share it with you because we're 'stress buddies'. you're not alone."

though his explanation was long enough, she still remained stunned by the packet in his hands. "who sold that to you? is it someone from neotech?"

"like i said, seller would like to keep their identity confidential."

it would definitely hurt to try.

but maybe i should do it for doyoung.

maybe i shouldn't.

yeah, i should give it a try.

mom, don't kill me.

"here."

he passed her a poorly rolled joint, then began forming his own.

"did you even do it right?"

"yeah, i watched a tutorial on youtube, i got this."

and with the click of a lighter, its impact was taking place.

consuming it was a regrettable mistake.

only by the first try, those joints' smokes sent uncomfortable burning sensations starting from their throats, down to the deepest areas of their chests, the awfully negative aftereffect being heavy coughing. both mirrored each other's sickened reactions, then looked back towards their individual spaces to cough it all out.

"this is disgusting," he wheezed, obviously not out of comedy, but of slight pain.

"bitch, that's not stress relieving, that's stress inducing. i hate you for this. now my head hurts." 

"why hate me?! the seller was literally threatening me to buy or el—"

"yeah, fuck that threatening seller. you just wasted your money, damn. a mcdonald's happy meal would've been more than enough for me after work, but you just chose shitass weed. what? does that make you look edgy? do you want to look edgy?"

"did you even understand what i said?! i was threatened even before i could think of smoking it with you or not touching it at all, bro! you—"

"okay, fine, what's done is done!"

their petty argument came to its halt there.

they rolled down their windows for a couple minutes, carelessly spread the air freshener all over their air-conditionings' ranges, and even sprayed away her remaining vanilla cologne just to erase the smell from their space.

"i'm never trying that again."

"me neither."

( ❑❑❑ )