🌕 . . chapter twelve.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ i mean, don't we all? ❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( november 09, 2022. )

"remind me why we stopped calling each other love," raeil piped in after a portion of his expectantly long summary of previous events, "and when."

for the first few seconds, doyoung was out of words to say. you see, he didn't know the exact answer either.

he then said, "we just... fell out of it? i guess us calling each other nicknames was just a phase."

"you were the only one who made it a phase."

"i-"

"before you argue, tell me who stopped saying it first."

he couldn't anymore deny the fact that he himself halted the action, but at least he was trying to defend his side. "well, if you didn't stop too, we would've still been calling each other love right now. i only followed what i thought you wanted."

"doyoung-ah, don't you know? that's pointless because i believe in the saying that i should treat others how they treat me."

there went another sneer.

"that's honestly bullshit."

"oh, look who's talking." she rolled her eyes at the sentence after the snicker, finding good ways to back herself up. "what happened to the 'boyfriend goals', huh?"

"if you murdered a potential murderer, would you want them to murder you too?" he steered to a completely different topic, causing raeil to raise a brow in confusion. "see? you shouldn't believe in that saying."

why is he talking about murder-

she exclaimed, "i've only gone by that saying with you!"

"then why are you saying you believe it like it's a gospel or something, huh?"

"at this point, you're just lowkey twisting my words," she replied, stunned. "do you even know hyperbole? the one they teach in english?"

"i dropped out of college halfway, how would i know that?"

"it's- it's literally a sixth grade lesson."

doyoung only laughed at his embarrassing statement as a response, shifting his focus back to the road to avoid getting clowned by his own girlfriend on the spot.

few moments later (with a calmer atmosphere and a closed argument), he felt raeil pat his shoulder to grab his attention. once he turned towards her direction, he noticed how the mischief in her smile faded away and got renewed by mellowness. it definitely was a pleasant sight.

"since we're recalling memories, what if we bring that 'phase' back?"

hesitation didn't even cross their minds.

"okay, love."

"that's good, love."

( ❑❑❑ )