🌑 . . chapter fourteen.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ i've felt that too, don't worry. ❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

(( listen to yestoday by nct u while reading for the best experience ))

( december 24, 2020. )

[ hello : why did this fucker unpublish itself when i finished it six hours ago i absolutely did not ask for this treatment ]

over the course of three approximate years, neotech built a solid reputation to the public, capturing listeners' tastes through the diversity in their self-produced music, and getting called in for unexpected amounts of gigs every week.

you could say they were already in-demand.

so thanks to raeil and a timely occurrence, they got booked for a christmas function for the company she was under, which was major in terms of the much needed payment they offered to give.

"you okay?" sicheng asked doyoung after noticing the slight gloom in his expression while all seven of them prepared backstage.

"yes, of course."

"you better." xuxi slung an arm around the male's shoulders. "after all, we trust the face of our group, don't we guys?"

in return, cheers that were on a deafening volume echoed all throughout their space to hype their vocalist up.

doyoung looked at them sternly. "but i'm... i'm not the face of the group? what are you talking about?"

"the articles say it all," mark began, "come on, bro, stop acting humble and accept your position."

"i think doyoung only wants to be in a position with raeil."

"what the-"

( ❑❑❑ )

as much as they hated to admit it, neotech's performance was lousier than usual.

doyoung himself knew majority of the reason's portion was him and his solemn thoughts. the supposedly heavenly song with vocals as the main point started to end up being all sloppy.

his mind just couldn't get a grip.

luckily, jungwoo was there to back him up with all the improvisation he could, but it made major changes to the designated vibe since he didn't learn it as efficiently.

most would think he was just acting petty. even he invalidated these thoughts and deemed them petty.

but no, it shouldn't be percieved as pettiness. you get lost in your thoughts too, don't you?

looking into raeil's eyes from large crowds would usually be of much help to put him in a temporary solidification of composure, but this time it was no use.

he couldn't do it.

there was an unfamiliar energy trying to pull him away from the scene.

worst part? he let it pull him away.

there stood his six dumbfounded friends, accompanied by two backing vocalists who certainly didn't have enough preparation to memorize all the lyrics to be used for the day, and an empty instrumental which caused even the employees of the christmas function to look towards their direction in suspicion.

( ❑❑❑ )