🌕 . . chapter seventeen.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ well, love, you shouldn't. ❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( november 09, 2022. )

"do you think things would've been different if our own choices were different?"

for the nth time that night, the mood filling the vehicle softened into one which was mellow. the next song played by her spotify shuffle was also a minor boost.

"yeah, maybe if you replied to taeyong, things would've been way different," raeil brought up. "maybe you'd be a super famous artist while you travel the world with your best bros for millions of fans, which meant you'd be extra busy and y'know . .

"maybe we would've drfted away."

to tell you the truth, the thought was something dreadful to her back in their earlier years.

doyoung's talent was stellar. he had all the potential to succeed. through debuting, he'd surely gain more than a handful of fans who she knew was better than she could ever estimate her ability to be.

call her selfish or paranoid, but each day, as he and neotech's reputation solidified, the fear just grew larger. innerly, her distaste lit up a flame.

that was what happens to those angsty 'tiktok pov's anyway. and to those heavy romance novels. heck, even reddit threads. once one rises to fame, the relationship always went to shit. it always went like that.

"maybe if you dropped out of college with me without wanting to work, things would've also been different," he chose to share a topic that was on the same wavelength to hers, "maybe we'd be even more broke and unhappy and tired and maybe . .

"maybe we wouldn't have lasted this long."

just remember the fact that they've been in the game for eight years. that though there were often petty arguments yet no serious breaks. that the happiness never faded. it made everything much more fascinating.

"maybe."

"yeah, just maybe."

"the best part of those maybes is how all of their certainties still made me end up with you."

raeil couldn't contain her snort after hearing the male's oh-so romantic remark, ruining the seriousness.

"please, you're so cheesy."

( ❑❑❑ )

"gps says we're fifteen minutes away from the destination," doyoung said. "not like we had an actual destination in the first place."

"you know, my impatient ass would usually find fifteen minutes so damn long, but now i just want much more time." she sighed in between words. "i'm having too much fun."

they stayed silent for a moment. a waste of time for the rest of their fifteen minutes, yes, but it was worth it.

"have you unlocked the special memory yet?"

"are we on the same boat?"

"perhaps."

"okay, you know that time."

"that time our lives ended."

"literally."

( ❑❑❑ )