076

TAEHYUNG POV

"Okay gays listen up. Jungkook could be in serious danger so let's stick together in case we need each other's backup" I nod at my speech, feeling a little accomplished I came up with that on the spot.

"What if- I don't know- Jungkook just went out for food or something?" Namjoon questions

"Well maybe someone can stay?" Hoseok suggests

"I dibs staying!" Yoongi speaks up

"My mom will be here so she can notify us if he comes back" I smile

"God dammit" Yoongi grumbles.

"Okayy, back on task, where should we start first...?" I start and for half an hour we suggest possible places and locations he could be at before concluding a plan and finally heading outside.

"Why the fuck is it so bright out here" Yoongi mumbles

"Oh shut up"

"Don't you tell me to—"

"Back on tasks guys!

"Right"

....

"Should we look in this extremely creepy and not at all haunted forest?" Jimin asks.

"Uh no-" Namjoon starts

"I don't see why not" I shrug

"There's literally so many reasons not to-" Namjoon tries to continue

"Seems like a good idea to me" Jin nods

"I don't mind" Yoongi speaks up and Hoseok nods in agreement with Yoongi.

"Even you Yoongi? I thought we were the only intellectuals in this group" Namjoon sighs, "If you get yourselves killed it's not on me"

Namjoon shrugs before following the rest of the group into the forest.

The group walk further into the forest, silence covering them in a thick blanket.

"I don't think he's in here-" I start but get cut off by a distant sound of soft music. I look confused at the others but to my surprise they don't look surprised at all and turn to look at Yoongi instead.

"Oh fuck it's my line" Yoongi clears his throat, "you should probably go see what that is" Yoongi says in a complete monotone voice.

"That was so bad"

"I never said I was a fucking actor"

I have no clue on what they were bickering about but I took Yoongi's suggestion and follow the distant noise.

Slowly the noise started to get louder and louder the closer I got to it.

I reach where the noise came from only to find a row of trees covering whatever was on the other side. So carefully I push through the overgrown tree branches only to get the shock of my life.

Jungkook. There. On one knee.

"J-jungko-"

"Shh- it's my turn to speak"

I walk closer to him shakingly.

"I-I'm not ready to—"

"Didn't I say it's my turn to speak?" I nod at his question and stay quiet as he clears his throat.

"Kim Taehyung, wow, never did I think that I would find the love of my life moving to this new city, but of course I did. From neighbours to lovers, I can confidently say that I haven't heard a story like ours. When we first met, the time where I was lost and you were late, the moment I looked into your eyes I could tell I wanted to know more about this mystery boy I ran into and that I did" I giggle slightly, tears starting to leave trails on my cheeks.

"Then later that night I ended up finding you again in my house eating dinner with my family. Oh, and how I embarrassed myself the second I got in the door, I'm still not over that. Then the next time you came to my house was when we got partnered for our assignment which we totally failed anyways. That was also the time we almost kissed for the first time, if it wasn't for Jimin cockblocking but that's besides the point" I chuckle at the memory of Jimin ruining our almost make out session.

"From there on, our relationship progressed pretty quickly and despite having some... conflicts... we were able to rise above it and be where we are now. Here I am before you on my knee, now I know what you might be thinking and no I'm not proposing to you, but what I am doing is giving you this ring. It's a promise ring to promise that someday, when we are older, when we have proper jobs and when we are ready, that we will get married and start a family together. I know this is something pretty big to give this early in our relationship but I know you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, so Kim Taehyung, will you promise that one day we won't be neighbours anymore and we will live in the same house with a family?"

"And Yeontan?"

Jungkook roll his eyes, "And Yeontan I guess..."

I smile at the thought of our future together.

"So..?"

"Yes. Yes Jungkook, I promise to one day marry you"

Jungkook slides the ring onto my finger and quickly gets up off his knee and lifts me up and spins me around, before pulling me into a sweet kiss, one not alike all our others.

Cheers erupt from behind the trees and our whole 'squad' emerges from the branches.

"Y'all knew about this?" I ask and they all nod besides Namjoon.

"I must've missed something-"

"No you broke your phone... remember?"

"Ohhh right. Oh well"

They come up and congratulate us, but Jungkook keeps me tight in his arms

"I love you"

"I love you too.... neighbour"

"Jungkook we talked about this-"

THE END

What do you guys want to see in the epilogue?

Their Wedding?

Their future Family?

Other? Suggest ideas.