CHAPTER 12 - Sweet talk

"Where's everyone and why are the lights put off? " Anupriya muttered as there was not even a trace of someone in the office. She couldn't even pass the office as there wasn't any bulb put on. It was totally dark like it was already night. But the thing is, it was only noon and the sun was still doing its duty , being a guardian of the day.

She was totally puzzled. First the weird morning and now, no one's at the office and plus the lights are off. Which added more to the weirdness, which was already there. Because, even though everyone went home , they always put one dim light on.

"Yah! It's killing me! Where's every body? Did I miss something or is it just me who has been left behind by everyone. Fine!! I'll put the lights on and try to catch up with my work " She told to herself , sounding already annoyed.

Then, as she walked through the room and just as she was about to on the lights, suddenly someone tapped on her shoulder . She turn back to look , knowing the feeling of being haunted already . But then "Welcome back!!!! " Everyone shouted making Anupriya flinched. For a moment she already thought like she was being haunted but it was her teammates, her colleagues.

She stood frozen at where she was standing before. Nittika knew what was going on with Anupriya , so she came closer to her and shook her body, till she brought her back to her senses.
" Hey Anu! Are you being possessed or something? "
Nittika said, while still shaking her and that's when Anupriya realised that they weren't ghosts or something but her colleagues.

From the group, Siddharth was
standing, trying to hold his laughter as he found Anupriya, too cute to handle. Her reaction was worth watching, her eyes wide open, mouth a bit open. Anupriya already knew that he would tease her later as she saw that peculiar smile of his showing off, from the group as he was the tallest among them. Actually calling him a tower, will do him good . He was no less than a tower but a handsome one.

E-everyone why did you haunt me? It was really scary okay

E-everyone why did you haunt me? It was really scary okay... On top of that , you guys put the lights off. Oh my gosh! My heart would have come out anytime soon. " Anupriya told everyone, while holding the bags and started nagging like a mom .