CHAPTER 17- Partner

There has been a hustle-bustle in the company ever since Siddharth announced about making new set of clothings, that fits the season.
Everyone is trying their best in their respective fields .
Today, Anupriya's parents are supposed to come back. But as time was limited , she apologised to her parents, for not able to pick them up .

Anupriya and her team were focused on the designs of the clothings. Since it's the key point to success. If the sketches go wrong somewhere, the next procedure might be a failure. So, they're trying their best to bring the natural but unique creations in all the designs.

While Siddharth called for a media gathering at the company's biggest area.
Many journalists came to witness it. Many journalists were gathered at the large Hall.

Siddharth got a phone call that all the media personnel were gathered. He stepped inside the Hall , he is a perfect example of smartness, calmness and handsomeness.
( idk about others, but for Prabhas fans, he is ^_^ )

He stood at the centre , in front of everyone. Holding the attached mic , he starts speaking.

"Good morning , my dear fellow people. Thank you for joining this gathering irrespective of your busy time.

We all have witnessed , in the past years that Alpha Company, brings light and joy by making brand new clothing styles .
This year too, we'll be making new clothes this year too.
.
.
.
.
Thank you so much once again " Saying this Siddharth ended his speech.

After some questions , asked by the journalists were answered, the meeting ended.

_________________________________

Tomorrow, an acquaintance night will be held at the the 7 star hotel. Many of the designers and CEO will be gathered there. Siddharth was also invited. But he doesn't have anyone to be his partner for the night . So he is in the room, swirling the chair round and round, when someone knock the door of his office.

" Please come in. " Said him

And Anupriya came as his saviour.

"You came at the right time " Said Siddharth, smiling.

" Huh? " Anupriya was confused with his words.

" Siddharth, what do you mean? Well, I came here just to give these draft. I've completed 6 of them. My teammates are still working on the rest of it . "
Said Anupriya, still confused with Siddharth's look.

" Well, I'll look into it later . But for now, I have a very important thing for you. " Siddharth said.

Siddharth was hesitant, if he should ask her or not . And if he ask her and she won't agree?

"Umm... What is it? " Anu uttered.
She was waiting for him to say next.

"Well, I want you to be my partner for tomorow's Acquaintance night " Siddharth said.

" What? No, no I can't. I have many things to do in the company and besides I have to look after every necessities of them " Said Anu, trying hard to disagree with him.

" Well, ah-a-ah " Siddharth was about to come near her and ask her politely . But it had to be the best timing , he stumbled over the carpet , and... Dang!!!

He was supposed to ask her politely but his way of asking turn out to be the 'hottest way' of asking someone to be his partner.
He was pinning Anupriya on the wall, trapping her in between his hands.

And at the same time, Nittika came knocking the door.
"I'm coming in Sid "

" Wahhhhh! I'm so sorry to disturb you guys " Saying this, she left the room hurriedly, closing the door.

" My ship has finally started sailing! " Nittu thought, while leaving and smirking at the same time.

Anupriya was dumbfounded at his sudden action and the fact that Nittika also saw it, made her more tensed. Nittika doesn't leave a thing while teasing her. Her face was already flushing scarlet red.

Siddharth pulled away, as fast as he could. He was also dumbfounded at his own action. He was blushing hard.
"I'm so sorry " He uttered.

" Oh, i-its o-okay " Anupriya said , stuttering at the last two words.

But deep inside, her heart was beating faster than anything.

Siddharth composed himself again and started speaking.
" Well, can you please be my partner. I don't have anyone who can be my partner. And you said we're friends , right? So friends are supposed to help each other. " He said, trying hard to convince Anupriya.

" But - " " No buts.. Please help me out, pleasee... " Siddharth said, begging.

"Fine, just fo. Okay? " Said Anu.

" Thank you so much " Siddharth was very happy that she didn't decline his request at last. He was so happy that he was continuously shaking both of her hands.

" Ok then, let's get going by 6pm , is it okay? " He asked.

"Yeah, okay. I'll try to finish some of the works here then."
Anupriya said.
Siddharth nodded in response to her.

Anupriya turned her back and went out of the room.
Siddharth too, focused on his work, checking the draft submitted earlier and signing some papers, relating to collaboration with other companies from overseas.

Anupriya was lost in her thoughts. She start to face-palm herself , thinking about what to wear for the acquaintance night , when she reached the door of her office unknowingly.

She opened the door and saw that Nittika was sitting on one of the chairs she has.

"Eh! What are you doing here? You're supposed to discuss new ideas about makeup with your artists , right? " Said Anu.

"Girl, we've finished that a while ago, and I was passing by to have a chat with Sid, then... I finally realise that my ship has started sailing. " Nittika said while staring at Anu.

" Don't get your hopes high. It was just an accident " Said Anupriya, trying to keep a straight face.

" Wait Nittu, forget about that. Can you help me with a makeover tomorrow ? " Anu said.

Nittika nails at this kind of stuff. And she's always ready to do anything for Anu.

" Okay. But why do you need a makeover suddenly? " Nittu said with a questioning tone.

" Oh! It's just that Sid wants me to be his partner for the acquaintance night to be held tomorrow " Blurted Anu.

"See? I told you my ship is sailing " Said Nittu.

"Fine! Fine! Think whatever you want " Anupriya said while admitting defeat.

"Tomorrow , I'll make you the prettiest lady ever " Nittika proudly said.

_________________________________

This a short chapter but I'll update shortly.

Have fun ~
💜

Don't forget to leave your honest feedbacks!
I'll be waiting for you with a new chapter soon 😄