Chapter 51

Mia couldn't wait to change into some comfortable clothes after her meeting with James.

She went straight to her dorm, ignoring the crowd that was slowly growing in the Ravenclaw Common Room.

When she entered, she saw three of her roommates standing in the middle of the dorm, talking.

"Girl, you're getting on my last nerve," Sage glared at Gwynn, holding a quill in her ink-covered hand. "I'm busy, leave me alone."

"Hey," Lois spoke up shyly. "It's actually kind of cool, you should go check it out in the –"

"The Common Room, I know," Sage rolled her eyes. "But I'm sure that whatever it is, it can wait."

Scoffing, Gwynn turned her head away, noticing Mia in the doorway. She looked her up and down, then raised one of her eyebrows. "Wrong tower," she commented, staring at the scarf around her neck.

"Jealous, Miller?" Mia asked, walking closer to the three of them.

"Finally, you're back," Sage let out a relieved sigh. "Please save me."

Mia furrowed her eyebrows. "What's going on?"

"Do you not know either?" Lois tilted her head to the side. "You were just there."

"Could you two just tell us what it is instead of being annoying?" Sage crossed her arms.

"No, go and see for yourselves," Gwynn mirrored her.

"Keep this up and I might just strangle you in your sleep," Sage threatened.

"Let me ask this again," Mia put one of her hands up. "What's going on?"

"There's something in the Common Room that you should check out," Gwynn answered.

"Oh," Mia nodded, then she walked over to her bed and started looking for some clothes to change into. "I saw the crowd, but I didn't bother to check what it was about. Give me a second, we can go after I change," she glanced at Sage.

"But I was working on something," she groaned.

"Relax, I'm sure it won't take long," Mia shrugged. "We have to go to the Great Hall for supper soon anyway, you should stop working."

Sage walked to her own four-poster and put the quill down. "I suppose you're right."

"Of course you listen to her but not me," Gwynn grimaced.

"Don't take it to heart," Mia sent her a smile. "I wouldn't listen to you either."

Her jaw dropped. "You two are horrible! No wonder Charlotte never hangs out in here!"

"Yeah, I'm sure it's because of us and not because of her boyfriend," Mia rolled her eyes, unbothered.

"Can you girls calm down?" Lois asked quietly, pouting. "Let's not argue."

"I'm not arguing," Mia started undressing. "I'm just stating facts."

Gwynn cleared her throat. "Well, I've had enough. I hate it here, so I'm leaving."

Sage's eyes lit up. "Forever?"

"No, unfortunately not," she scowled, then she turned on her heels and left the dorm, slamming the door after herself.

"You guys are too mean to her," Lois frowned. "She's not all bad, you know..."

"Says the girl who brought worms to our dorm and set them free," Sage gave her a look.

"Stop, we've talked about this!" Lois pointed a finger at her. "I said I was sorry! Can you let it go?"

"Fine, fine, forgive me," Sage sat down.