-1-

You had just descended down from what felt like the highest cliff you have ever jumped down from. You, fortunately, didn't crack your knee joints when you landed on the stony ground below. You swore that if you didn't survive, it would be because of your fragile bones after the fall.

You were extremely relieved to discover that somebody was still around to talk with and there was a bench near them for you to take a rest. You sighed peacefully to yourself as the cool wind blew gently at your cloak, relaxing you entirely. It just felt so refreshing to sit there by yourself for a short while, able to drift off to sleep.

It wasn't until you reminded yourself that someone was around that you forced yourself to wake up, get off the bench, and then walk up to him to see what he had to say.

As you listened, you took more looks around the buildings next to him. They seemed like shops, but all of them were closed. He did explain how everybody had decided to venture below Dirtmouth and go further into the world of Hallownest. When the conversation ended, you gave the old bug a friendly wave.

"Goodbye for now Elderbug! I'll see you soon!" You promised Elderbug reassuringly, as you rushed to the well in excitement. You were the type who loved adventure, so going down the well made you feel a rush of eagerness. However, your happiness had immediately disintegrated into more of a solemn mood when you saw how many infected creatures were skulking around the premises.

"Oh my.." You scanned all of your surroundings, too shocked to count about how much bugs were taken by the infection already. "W-what happened to all of these poor.. innocent.. bugs?" You felt so sorry for what tragedy they had gone through as the corruption had taken over; you wished that it never even started. Thanks to a certain somebody, however, there was no way to stop it until then.

The enemies would charge at you, and you always hesitated to attack them. But eventually, you had to accept that now that they were infected, and since they were running at you, you had no choice but to kill anyone who decided to confront you with attacks. Fortunately, for you, you were able to avoid some enemies more than others.

You sped quickly towards the right, hoping that nothing would immediately launch itself at you, or hit you from afar. However, none of the critters you had seen before were there for now, so you were pleased to walk across the silent pathway. You stopped midway when you saw the glowing of lights from a building in the center of the path.

Making out the entrance were three glowing, ovalish shapes stuck onto the wall, giving off a faint light. You squinted at the stone things and noticed that a different amount of black circles were on each one. Maybe the little dark circles represented the eyes, and each of the circles showed the face of an important individual.

You placed your hand on the entrance wall, feeling the warm material. It, somehow, soothed you, easing your tension from earlier with the corrupted creatures. Wanting to just hang around inside a building for a bit, you decided to step inside the opening.

You slowly walked into the small structure, glancing upon every inch and corner of the area. You were just about to run forwards and see if anything special would show up ahead of you. Instead, you halted when you noticed a figure standing near a weird looking egg thing, but it was too late. Right when friction had allowed you to slow your nonsensical rushing, you bumped into the other person and fell backwards.

On your head.

You had roughly hit the floor, nearly passing out. It felt like stars were gracefully leaping around in perfect ellipses, trying to block your eyesight. As soon as you were able to shake your head out of the strange effects, you saw a hand extended out, wide open and welcoming. You look up and your face flushes in embarrassment immediately when you see that it was the person, actually willing to assist you and your clumsiness.