--Chapter 10--

Techno let out a surprised grunt, leaning on a tree and taking out a healing potion. He drank it quickly, standing up and surveying the surrounding bushes. Twigs snapped, leaves rustled, and the wind blew through the forest. Techno didn't see anyone nearby. His eyes narrowed, and he once again took out his compass, along with his now diamond sword. He cautiously continued through the trees, scanning the bushes for any sign of enemies. Finally, he reached spawn. Putting away his compass, he exited the cover of the trees and immediately had to dodge an arrow fired his way. He took out his own crossbow, loading it and pointing it at his attacker. "Whoops, sorry Techno. Thought you were Fern or something." Techno lowered his crossbow, walking over to the man. He was wearing sunglasses, a gray shirt and a similar robe to Techno's own. "Eret." Eret nodded, waving for Techno to follow him. "So Beam said that it's us against them, so Niki decided that we could team up with the other teams. But we have news that Wilbur won't like..." he trailed off and pushed aside some leaves to reveal a hidden base. Several people walked around, exchanging tools and talking. Eret led Techno to a corner, where some kind of medical area was. Iskall, Bad, Fundy and Quackity sat on cots, Eret waving to Fundy. Techno frowned at the sight of Fundy, knowing Wilbur definitely wouldn't be happy. "Ah, I see what you mean about Wilbur. Speaking of him, I left a certain trio out in the woods. I should probably get them." Eret nodded, giving a mock bow as Techno exited the room. Techno rolled his eyes, knowing Eret was a king in Dream SMP. As Techno emerged in spawn, a sword lodged itself where Techno stood just moments before. Immediately, Techno took out his own sword, watching the forest around him for any signs of players. Suddenly, a thump sounded behind him and Techno spun around, stepping back as Beam swung a sword at him. "You really like your surprise attacks, don't you?" Techno asked, taking another step back and slipping out a potion of harming. Beam growled, stabbing at Techno. He easily dodged, knocking Beam to the ground. "Y'know, this is how Flame went down," Techno said casually, taking out his potion of harming. Beam scowled, his eyes focusing on something behind Techno. In one swift moment, a dagger buried itself in Techno's arm, causing him to release Beam. Techno growled in annoyance as blood coated his white shirt. "This was my favorite shirt," Techno spat, throwing the potion at Beam and Fern and sprinting through the woods towards his team. He roughly pulled the dagger from his arm, hissing as more blood dripped onto his clothes. Finally, he saw Phil, Wilbur sitting on a nearby rock with Tommy. As Techno approached, he could hear their conversation. "Did you just call me Wilby?"

"No- No I-"

"You called me Wilby! Are you embarrassed, Tommy?"

"No, I'm not. I didn't call you Wilby."

"No, it's ok. You can call me Wilby, Tommy."

Techno sighed, getting Phil's attention. "Techno! What happened to you? Tommy, Wil, get over here." Wilbur smiled and walked over, Tommy huffing in annoyance. "Hey Techn- woah what happened?" Wilbur asked, noticing Techno's red stained clothes. "Close encounter. I need you 3 to follow me, and Wilbur, promise not to freak out when we get there." Techno responded. Wilbur nodded, though he was wringing his fingers together. Techno took out his sword again, grumbling as he realized he ran out of healing potions. Nearing spawn, he had to, once again, dodge an arrow shot by Eret. "Eret, recognize who you're shooting. I swear I'm gonna take your throne if you shoot me again." Eret sheepishly put his crossbow away, shying away under Wilbur's glare. "I still remember you betrayed us, Eret. L'manburg doesn't easily forget." Wilbur snapped. Eret nodded, guiding the 4 to the hidden base. He gestured to the medical area, where Fundy's eyes widened at the sight of Wilbur. "Wilbur?"

"Fundy! Oh my god are you ok?" Wilbur asked, his face melting with worry. Fundy laughed, nodding. "Yeah, I'm ok." Phil put his hand on Techno's shoulder, smiling. "Even though Fundy's adopted, Wilbur still loves him like a son." Techno silently agreed, turning to Tommy who was happily chatting to Tubbo. Maybe things would be okay.

W i l b y