Chapter 19

[A/N] hope you like it
Comment, read, vote
Love you all!!!

Maura was worried about Jane. She contemplated calling in as well to stay with her sick girlfriend but Jane had insisted that she would be fine by herself for the day.

I hope it doesn't take long for this to pass. She looked so miserable when I made her go back to bed this morning.

"Hey doc, where's Jane?" Frost asked popping his head into the morgue.

"I'm afraid she has food poisoning. Probably from the Thai food we had last night."

Frost laughed. "Good to know. Where'd you eat I'll make sure not to go there."

Maura frowned. "We've never had problems with the food there before."

"Maybe it's not food poisoning then" Frost shrugged. "Maybe she has the flu. It's not all that uncommon in the spring."

"It could be the flu. The symptoms were quite sudden."

"Whatever it is tell her to get better soon. I can only deal with so much one on one time with Korsak." Frost laughed. "See you later Doc."

Maura nodded. I hope she's drinking lots of water. She'll become dehydrated fairly quickly if she doesn't. Maybe I could ask Angela to check in on her. I could swing by during my lunch break to take care of her. I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

Maura was still frowning when her phone vibrated.

Going to the doctor don't worry though. Xoxo-J

Do you want me to go with you?-M

No, I'll be fine. You stay at work. I'll tell you about it when you get home tonight . I'll probably still be there at lunch time so don't come home for lunch. I love you.

Okay. I love you too.

I hope she's okay. Why is she going to the doctor if she thinks it's food poisoning. Unless she doesn't think it's food poisoning. But if she doesn't think it's food poisoning what does she think it is.

Maura frowned as she walked up to the café. "Angela can I talk to you?"

"What's wrong sweetie. Did Janie do something to upset you?"

Maura smiled. "No nothing like that. It's just..." Maura frowned. "Well she threw up this morning so I made her stay home. We both assumed it's probably food poisoning but... she just sent me a text saying she's going to the doctor." Maura frowned. "Do you know why she would go to the doctor for a minor case of food poisoning?"

"Oh. No." Angela said then as she thought for a second her eyes widened. "Oh!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Maura asked staring at the wide eyed Rizzoli.

"I think this is something Jane should probably talk to you about herself. I don't want to jump to conclusions."

Maura couldn't help but sigh. "So you do have an idea of what she thinks might be wrong with her."

"I have an idea but I could very well be wrong." Angela couldn't keep the worry off of her face even as she told Maura not to worry. "Don't worry Maura, Jane will tell you what's wrong with her."

Even with Angela's reassurance Maura couldn't wait for the day to end. She didn't have any new bodies to autopsy so when the clock finally ticked away enough for her to leave with a clear conscious she did.

When she got there Jane was sitting on the couch staring down at her hands. She looked like she'd been crying. But otherwise she looked much better than she had when Maura had left that morning.