Chapter 1

Third person, Ushijima

Let's play a game." Tendou says excitedly, a smirk coming over his features.

"A game?" Ushijima looks over at him. "Practice just ended 10 minutes ago. Should we put the net back up?"

"I'll do it!" Goshiki, who was hanging around them, volunteers.

Just then, a girl's laugh could be heard. All three pair of eyes look over where there's two girls sitting on the floor against the wall, smiling and looking at a camera.

"No, not that kind of game." Tendou snaps everyone's attention back to him.

"Let's play truth or dare." At this, Ushijima's face scrunches up.

"It sounds like a child's game." He says, and Goshiki nods in agreement.

"Yeah, a child's game." He sticks his nose up.

"Eh? Are we not children?" Tendou pouts.

"I'll play one game with you. Only one round." Ushijima sighs, knowing his best friend won't stop.

"Yeah, just one round." Goshiki raises an eyebrow and the two older boys look at him for a second, before looking at each other.

"Anyways, Wakatoshi-Kun, truth or dare?" Tendou look at him. Ushijima doesn't answer, he just nods.

"I don't know how to play." He responds after a few seconds of silence.

"How do you not know how to play truth or dare?" Goshiki's eyes widen.

"I've never had a reason to want to play such games. I play volleyball." He says as if it's obvious.

"Right, right." Tendou grins. "Well, someone asks you truth or dare. If you choose truth, you have to answer honestly to a question of the persons choice. If you choose dare, you have to perform an act of that persons choice. Alright?"

"Basically, you're being manipulated or controlled." Ushijima looks at his friend and Tendou gasps dramatically.

"How dare you put it that way." He says before dropping his expression. "Anyways, truth or dare?" He asks once again and Ushijima ponders the question.

He doesn't believe that Tendou has a question about him, he practically knows everything about him. He probably wants him to answer dare. So, to make his friend satisfied, he does.

"Dare." Ushijima responds.

"I dare you to ask out Sasaki Eri." As soon as the words tumble out of Tendou's mouth, Goshiki is hysterical.

"No! He can't do that, that's such a horrible idea! He needs to focus on volleyball on-" Tendou covers his underclassmen's mouth with his hands.

"Date her for 5 days. After that, do whatever you want. Most likely you'll break up with her." Tendou shrugs.

Ushijima looks over at the two girls again, the one holding the camera is Sasaki Eri. She's a lot taller than most girls, she has nice facial features and a nice build. She looks like a volleyball player.

But she's not, and so with that in mind, Ushijima has to decline the dare.

"I cannot." Ushijima looks at Tendou.

"What? Why? It's your dare." Tendou frowns. "Look, this is my reasoning. Your birthday is in 5 days and you can spend it with a hot, beautiful girl. isn't that nice?"

"That's not- hmm," Goshiki cuts himself off, lost in thought. "actually, that is pretty nice." He agrees.

"But I always spend my birthday with you. Was last year's activities unpleasant?" He asks and Tendou laughs.