Chapter 25

Graduation Day

"We did it!" I run up to Ushijima, tears in my eyes.

"Yeah, we did." He smiles, taking me into his embrace. I wrap my arms around his shoulders, careful not to damage the cylinder case that's housing my diploma.

He pulls away from me and I look around at all of the people I've been to school with for the past three years. Each and every one of us is going to go on and do something with their lives- or not. It's so crazy to think about.

"WAKATOSHIIIIIII!" Tendou's voice comes booming over everyone else's and we soon spot him dragging Hana towards us as well. After he stands in front of us, I see the rest of the volleyball team coming, even the third years and their families.

"We need to take pictures, right now!!" Goshiki states, holding his phone up. Tears are in his eyes as he quickly stands next to Ushijima.

"Eri!" Hana pulls me away and grins. She holds up her hand and I see a ring on her finger.

"Shut up!" I scream, covering my mouth. She nods, and tears start to form in both of our eyes. "Oh my god, congratulations." My voice breaks and I take her into a hug.

"Thank you." I hear her sob out of happiness, and I hold her tightly. "He did it right now, right in front of his mom too. She's so sweet, she's already calling me her daughter. Eri, I'm so happy."

"You deserve it!" I pull away just enough to see her face. We're both crying, but her even more. "I'm so happy for you! We're both going to be married." I lean my forehead against hers and she takes my hands in her own, squeezing them.

"I know." She laughs. "Though, I don't think we'll be getting married for a while. We both said that we wanted to be stable in life before we have a wedding. But..."

"But what?" I pull away from her, running a hand through my hair with a grin.

"But I don't want to wait anymore." She admits. "I love him so much, I want to throw my words out the window." She pouts and I chuckle, knowing exactly how she's feeling.

"I 100% know how you feel." I say, and she laughs.

"I can't believe you're getting married in two weeks! This is like- insane! I can't even wrap my head around it all." She sighs contently and I shake my head.

"I know...I can't believe it either." I smile just thinking about the wedding.

"Are you getting cold feet yet? Any regrets?" She teases and and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Of course not." I smile and she nods.

"I knew you wouldn't. You guys are perfect for each other. I'm really really happy for us." She grabs my hands again and I nod in agreement.

"E-Excuse me...um...senpai?" We both turn to see one of the members of the photography club, and then see the rest of the members behind him.

"Oh, hi Hankkun." I use the nickname I gave him at the beginning of the year. He smiles brightly at that.

"We all wanted to thank you both for being an amazing President and Vice President! The photography club won't be the same without you both. We're all going to miss you." He shakily takes out his phone and I give him a reassuring smile.