Chapter 7

"How cute." I sniffle, wiping my tears away as the ending credits of Miracle Season play on my living room TV.

"Are you crying?" Ushijima raises an eyebrow at me.

"W-What? N-No." I look away from him. I hear a deep chuckle pass his lips and he gently grabs me, forcing me to look at him.

"You lied." He says, looking at my face. "It's not real, it's okay." He says and I smile.

"It's based on a true story though." I point out and he thinks for a moment.

"Huh, then I guess it is real. But it's not happening to you, so don't be sad. Thank you for putting this movie on for us." He says.

Although his expression is blank like always, it feels different. He feels different than the rest of the days we've been dating. Since last night, I felt this. He's nicer- not that he was ever mean- and he's softer with me. He's touchier and kisses me more.

I like him, a lot. This change was for the better I believe.

"I'm sorry I couldn't find a movie on here about a boys volleyball team." I frown. "Are you sure this is what you want to do today? I can still take you somewhere, it's only the afternoon." He shakes his head, looking at me.

"I don't want you to spend money, the gifts you gave me yesterday were more than enough. But..." He trails off

"But?" My eyes brighten, hoping he has something he wants to do.

"Do you want to help me practice a bit? At the school? I know last time you didn't really enjoy it but-"

"No, that's not it at all! I had fun, let's go play right now." I cut him off and stand up.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes, of course. Let's go." I smile at him.

We go out my house, and start to make our way to the school.

"Come to my game tomorrow." Ushijima says as we walk.

"I thought you didn't want me to go?" I frown, looking up at him, putting my hand over my eyes to block the hot sun.

"I changed my mind." He shrugs and a small smile comes over my face.

"Okay! What made you change your mind?" I ask and he looks down at me.

"I don't know." He answers and I chuckle.

"Well, I'm happy anyways. So thank you." I look forward again and he does as well.

"Why are you happy about it?" He asks, and I purse my lips.

"I want to watch you, and cheer you on. It's something that you love, so I want to be able to support you in any way that I can." I nod, picturing him playing.

"But we've been dating for 6 days." He says just as we step foot onto campus. We make our way to the gym and I shrug.

"So? Is it bad? If you don't want me to be so nosy then just let me know." I laugh and he shakes his head, opening the gym door and motioning for me to go in.

"No, I don't think you're being nosy. I just don't see why you care so much. Maybe it's a girl thing, or a nice people thing." He says and I'm about to respond when I see a few people in the gym already.

"Hey! What are you two doing here?" Goshiki asks, stopping his practice with Semi.

"We came to practice, do you mind if we join you?" Ushijima asks.

"Please do." Semi says, sounding a tad bit excited. "I'll set to you guys both, it'll be like old times." He says and Ushijima nods.

"Do you want to just sit down then? Watch us practice. Unless you want to play?" Ushijima looks at me and I shake my head.