Chapter 13

"Okay, we're all done." Tendou whispers quietly. "We're going to go now, okay?" He says and I nod.

"Okay, thank you so much for the help." I whisper back and then Hana gives me a hug.

"Good luck." She whispers before the two of them tip toe out of the room.

I look over at the sleeping Ushijima and quietly slip into the bed with him. Today is September 8th. Exactly a month from the day he told me to be his girlfriend. I was wondering if he'd consider tomorrow to be our anniversary since that's when we actually went on our first date, but I thought today is better.

As soon as I lay down though, his eyes fly open. When he sees me grinning at him, he relaxes.

"You look scary." He says tiredly and I pout. "Not to be mean or anything. But you are in my house, just staring at me." He says and I chuckle.

"Tendou let me in a few minutes ago." I say, quickly climbing on top of him and placing my hands on his chest.

"You look so happy." He notes and I pull his arms, scooting down his body and making him sit up.

"What are you-" He cuts himself off once he sees the decorations we managed to set up while he was asleep.

There's little 3D paper volleyballs I stayed up making the night before, taped to the ceiling. A big gift bag sits in front of his door, taped photos along the wall so he can take them off whenever he wants to, and a heart shaped volleyball balloon.

"Happy anniversary!" I giggle, throwing my arms around him.

"You broke into my house to do this?" He asks, wrapping his arms around me.

"Yes-well. Actually, I was let in." I laugh. "Do you like it? It's not much-"

"I love it." He cuts me off, kissing my lips and then my forehead. He lays back, keeping his arms around me to keep me on his chest.

"I can't believe it's only been a month. I feel like it's been more than a year." He says and I lay my head on his chest.

"Right?" I laugh. "We're already so close, when is our wedding?" I joke and I feel his body tense under mine.

"I was just kidd-"

"I've actually been thinking about that." He says and I feel his body relax.

"W-What?" My eyes widen in shock as I look down at him.

"Yeah. I've been thinking what life would be like married to you. I like the thought a lot. How would you feel if I just got an office job as my career?" He asks and I take a moment to register what he said.

"I-I wouldn't mind. Whatever you're happy with I'll support you." I blush. "You want to marry me?" I ask in bewilderment, unable to contain the smile on my face.

"Of course. Isn't that what people who love each other do?" He tilts his head.

"I mean... some people go through multiple partners. You don't have to marry the first person you love."

Although the thought of marrying Ushijima sends my butterflies into a frenzy, I don't want him thinking that that's the way it's supposed to be.

"We still have a while before we're able to get married. You're still 17, so we both have time to decide if it's a good idea or not. Right now, I'm very set on the idea of having you to myself for forever." He says and I almost start crying. "I take marriage very seriously. I know it's a commitment between two people, and I don't want a marriage that will end up like my parent's. Maybe I'm crazy, because I've known you for such a short amount of time. But I really think you're the one."