Chapter 8

"Hurry, I want to get a good seat." Hana pulls me into the other school's gym.

"We are early, I'm sure there's spots." I roll my eyes.

We quickly climb up the stairs leading up to the second floor stands, and are able to secure a front row seat.

"I'm so excited." Hana claps, looking down at the court.

"We've been to their games before." I laugh. "Whats different about this one?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and looking at her.

"Whats different is that it's not for club and we're here on our own free will. And," She grins, turning to look at me. "it's our first game as supportive girlfriends. Like hello, this is cool. We're literally two hot girls, dating two hot boys. How much better can our lives get?" She asks, shaking her head.

"You're so full of yourself." I poke her side, laughing.

"I'm serious." She smirks.

Soon, the game starts and Hana and I are practically hanging over the railing the entire time.

Shirabu sets to Ushijima, and he slams right past the 3 blockers the other team has.

"Why do I feel like I'm watching them for the first time?" I ask, in awe.

"I think because we never really paid attention. We mostly focused on getting a clear shot of them." Hana mumbles to me.

"They're so cool." I gush as Tendou blocks yet another spike.

"They're scary on the court. All of them. Look at their facial expressions. They look cold, mean." Hana points out, chuckling. "And man, Goshiki is pretty badass. He wants to be the ace right?"

"I think he's going to be once Ushijima graduates." I say, watching the plays being made.

Ushijima makes another point, and I smile. Suddenly, an entire cheer squad comes out of no where and starts cheering loudly for him. Hana and I turn to look, and they're all girls.

"The Ushijima stans have arrived." Hana mumbles. "Lead by no other than Yami." My expression twists to one of disgust as I look at them.

"In the most revealing clothes too, at a school of all places." I remark and Hana laughs.

"People say she doesn't get in trouble for it because she seduces the authorities." She scoffs and we both giggle.

If I seen her on the streets with that outfit, I wouldn't even think twice about it. I'd probably compliment it, but the fact that she's at a school- where adults are the most conservative people ever and is supposed to be a place of respect- irritates me for some reason.

But maybe it's not necessarily her outfit pissing me off. Maybe it's the fact that she's wearing it for my boyfriend. Dumb whore.

"Hey. Since she's here, why don't we talk to her?" Hana asks, punching a closed fist against her palm.

"Hm, I'd like that. We don't have another shoot for another week too. If we get hit we'll heal by then." I say and we both laugh.

We turn back to the court just in time to see Ushijima score the last point for the first set. We stand up, and cheer loudly for the team along the rest of the crowd.

Tendou makes eye contact with us and nudges Ushijima as they walk to the other side of the court. They both wave at us and we wave back, grinning.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I look over at Ushijima's personal cheer squad. All of them- especially Yami- are sending me deadly glares.