Chapter 18

"Look! It's Karasuno!" I hear and look in the direction of where the little kid is pointing.

At first glance, they don't look like anything special, but before they even get to you, and as they walk past you, this aura fills the air and sends chills down your spine. They have very few tall players compared to us, but each one holds themselves with so much confidence that it's still intimidating. They look really serious, and cool.

"Hinata boke!"

"Kageyama, the floor isn't wood!"

"Tanaka, there's so many girls here! My heart is about to burst."

"I-I need a bathroom."

"Asahi?!"

"God, you're all idiots."

"Gomen Tsukki!"

...

Okay, maybe not. They look a mess.

"TANAKA, A GIRL!" The little guy shouts and suddenly the two are in front of me.

"Hi, I'm Nishinoya. I may be short but height doesn't matter when you're in bed." He winks.

"I'm Tanaka, my heart is taken by another woman but I don't mind if you fill in until she marries me." He puts a hand on his waist and grins.

"TALL!" I hear before I can even respond and the little ball of sunshine I've seen on the recordings of their games come running up to me.

"You're so tall for a girl! I bet I can jump higher than you though. My name is Hinata Shōyō" He says and I stare at him, my face is flushed from the other two and I just can't seem to find any words. "What? You wanna fight?" He holds up his fists.

"Boke! She's a girl." Their setter Kageyama Tobio comes up to us.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry about that." Hinata laughs, rubbing the back of his neck awkardly.

"I-I'm Sasaki Eri." I bow to them. "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

"Oh my god, she's shy. How cute!" Tanaka closes his eyes, hugging himself.

"Yoroshiku!" The four of them yell, bowing back.

"You know, they say the quiet ones are louder in be-"

"Eri" I hear my friend whine. "You left to get water like 10 minutes ago. I'm thirsty." She comes up beside me and then her face turns into one of realization once she sees the boys.

"THERE'S TWO!"

"Are you guys sisters? Hell yeah Tanaka, one for each of us!"

"Actually, we have boyfriends" I say, and I give them a nervous smile

"Huh? Who? We'll fight them for you." Nishinoya crosses his arms and smiles.

"Do you really expect to win?" A deep voice is heard and two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. I turn and look to see Tendou doing the same to Hana.

"JAPAN!" Hinata looks shocked.

"Of course Mr. Perfect is going to have a pretty girlfriend." The boy I think is Suga says from the behind the boys.

"You know she's a model?" The captain asks him.

"Really? How do you know?"

"Yeah, we'll win." Nishinoya's voice rips me from the other conversation.

"Noya...let's go." Tanaka grabs the boy's arm. Ushijima and Tendou stand in front of Hana and I and stare at the shorter guys.

"I don't like fighting, so we can take it out on the court." Ushijima crosses his arms and Tendou laughs.