Chapter 9

"Congratulations!" I throw my arms around Ushijima. He slowly wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him.

"For what? I already told you that we were going to win. Are you surprised?" He tilts his head, looking at me.

"Hey, you never know what's going to happen. What if one of the teams in the prefecture got some crazy first years and they were able to beat you guys?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Everyone comes to Shiratorizawa if they want to win. We only accept the best of the best, and recruit players from all around. Our team is strong. The only person I'd want to add to our team is Oikawa Tooru, from Seijoh." Ushijima looks off in the distance, and I assume he's picturing him in his head.

"Is he really that good? Why didn't he come here then?" I tilt my head, frowning.

"He said he doesn't think he made the wrong decision. He followed his heart instead of his brain. Ever since our teams started to go against each other, I've defeated him. He wants to beat me, he has too much pride." Ushijima shakes his head. "I think part of it is also because he doesn't want to leave his little boyfriend, Iwaizumi Hajime."

"Boyfriend? Are you just teasing him or...?" I ask and he frowns at me.

"I'm always serious. He is a homosexual." Ushijima says and I laugh.

"Gotcha." I nod.

"Ushijima-Kun!" I hear a high pitched voice. Before I can register who it belongs to, I'm being ripped from Ushijima's arms and Yami is pushing herself up against him.

"Who are you?" He asks, holding his hands up in the air.

"Ushijima-Kun," She tries to say cutely, but it sounds disgusting. "I'm your number one fan Congratulations on your win, let me take you out!" She grins at him, pushing her breasts against his chest even more.

"What the hell is that dumb whore doing?" Hana comes up behind me with Tendou.

"Being exactly that, a dumb whore." I narrow my eyes.

"Well, do something about it!" Hana hits my shoulder and I shake my head.

"I want to see what Ushijima-Kun does." I respond and Tendou makes a nervous sound.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Wakatoshi-Kun has a very limited experience with girls. He looks extremely awkward right now." Tendou frowns and I bite my lip.

"I'm not really interested. Please, stop touching me." Ushijima looks at me and his eyes look slightly panicky.

I quickly walk back to them.

"Excuse me, sorry. You're in my spot." I say and shove my way between Ushijima and Yami. He quickly wraps his arms around me tightly and takes a few steps away from the girl.

"Ew, Ushijima-Kun. Are you seriously going to let her get in the way of our fate of being together?" Yami crosses her arms, looking at me in disgust.

"Huh? What do you mean 'our fate'?" Ushijima furrows his eyebrows. "Sasaki-San and I are dating."

"Ushiwaka, baby." Yami puts on an innocent fake. "The whole school knows that you're just doing charity work by dating her. When you realize your own worth, I'll be here waiting for you."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Hana start stomping towards her but Tendou quickly grabs her, holding her in place.

"I think you've been mistaken." Ushijima lets go of me, his voice is cool and collected now. He walks until he's right in front of her, and stares down.

"B-Baby, what are yo-" Yami starts to say, but Ushijima cuts her off.

"What do you want to do after high school?" He asks seriously, Hana and I make eye contact and we both look confused at the question.