03. Lights, Camera, Play the Wedding Bells

The blonde sat on the living room couch with mouth agape and eyes wide in disbelief. Flora chewed on her lip, quietly expecting the lecture that was to come.

"I—uh," her blonde friend stuttered still in a state of shock. "How?"

Flora looked down at her fiddling fingers before turning to look up at her best friend. Her mouth opened and closed as she tried to find the right words to say.

"It just happened." Flora replied.

       "Marrying the freaking Prince of Italy doesn't just happen!" Indiana cried out as she stood from the couch and paced around the room. She ran her hand through her messy blonde curls in desperation.

       "Accidentally mar—" Indiana glared at Flora stopping her mid sentence.

"This is all my fault." Indiana said as realization dawned on her.

"Diana, this is not your fault." Flora assured. "I was the one who got drunk and married Hayden and slept with him."

"You slept with him!" Indiana cried out causing Flora to realize she had just made matters worse. "You gave up your virginity to that douche?"

Flora pinched the bridge of her nose and tried to ease the headache that was forming. It is not like Flora was saving herself for 'the one', but she at least wanted to remember her first time, most of it now was just a blur.

"You have hung out with me too much." Indiana gasped. "You have become the reckless bitch I am."

"In my defense, I only committed one reckless mistake." Flora argued.

"One reckless mistake that beats all the stupid shit I have done." The blonde protested as she sunk back into her seat.

Flora knew that her friend was right, after all this mistake had become bigger than she anticipated. Flora contemplated how she would break the second news to her already frantic friend. Flora took a deep breathe and turned to Indiana.

"There is more." Flora said cautiously.

       Alarmed the blonde turned to face her. "Please, don't tell me you're pregnant."

       "No." Flora was quick to answer, at least she didn't think she was. Flora quickly dismissed the thought.

"Then, what?" Indiana asked getting impatient.

"After you fainted, Hayden and I went to a court to seek an annulment." Flora explained. "However, the judge did not grant it."

"But he is the Prince of Italy, doesn't that give him some sort of power to fix this kind of stuff?" Indiana asked.

"I don't think this kind of stuff happens often to a prince." Flora reasoned. "He did try to use his title to influence the judge, but she still refused saying we had to learn our lesson."

Indiana could not help but snicker at the thought, to which her friend responded with a glare.

"Anyway, Hayden knew that his parents would respond in the same manner and decided that we should remain married for the rest of the year and half of next and then pretend to fall out of love." Flora explained. "That way, his parents would grant us an annulment and avoid further problems."

"That was the prince's bright idea?" Indiana asked in disbelief.

"It is the only way out that we have and either way, his parents are already aware of our marriage." Flora responded. Indiana smacked her palm to her face and shook her head, completely disapproving of her friend's actions. "Indiana, I told you this because I need a favor."