19. New York, New York

"So, the royal family has finally revealed why we have not since the Italian princess since her kidnapping. Unlike many rumors, the princess did not flee the Italian country out of fear, but rather came back to the states to give a woman empowerment assembly at her university."

Flora exited out of the news website and turned off her phone. She looked out the window and admired the scenery of the loud city. It had been a while since Flora heard the loud cussing and honking of cars.

"How does it feel to be back?" Micaela asked curiously as the chauffeur — Samuel, drove down the busy roads of New York City.

       "I never thought I would be back," Flora confessed.

       Flora looked behind her and found three jet black Chevrolet Tahoes trailing close behind from the main vehicle. Two cars drove next to the car Flora was in and two similar vehicles drove in front of them. Flora sat back into her seat, letting out a sigh. She looked at the portfolio in her hands and tried memorizing her lines. To say Flora was nervous was an understatement. She had not planned anything for this assembly as it was thrown at her with no prior notice.

"We are here," Micaela announced as all the cars parked in front of the university that was ever so familiar to the brunette.

"Thank you," Flora said as Samuel held the door open for her and helped her out of the car. Five guards surrounded Flora on either side as they walked past the reporters and students taking photographs of the princess.

       "Your royal highness, how does it feel to be back?" One of the reporters asked.

       "Exciting, very exciting." Flora replied. Before the other reporters could ask more questions, Flora was escorted inside.

       The chancellor of the university walked over to Flora and gave her a formal bow. "It is an honor to have you here, your highness."

"It is a pleasure to be back," Flora replied with a small smile as she looked around at the familiar halls.

"Follow me, your highness." Dr. Allen — the chancellor — said as he led Flora down the halls. The press took picture from the sides as the guards made sure they would not get too close.

The brunette waved at the students who stood behind the school's security guards. Flora felt different being back — she was not the same girl from before. Dr. Allen direct Flora to stage and motioned for her to go forward.

"Now, for one of our special guests speakers is Princess Flora Averwood of Valentino." The director of the event introduced as the students awaited in the auditorium cheered. Flora shook hands with the director as she walked over to the podium.

"Good morning, everybody." Flora greeted with a wide smile. The nervous brunette put a brave face on as carried on with her speech. "It is an honor to be back in these halls, bringing an important message to many of our female students and even or male students. Coco Chanel once said, a girl should be two things...who and what she wants —"

"Period!" One of the students exclaimed causing the audience to chuckle and cheer.

"I appreciate the enthusiasm," Flora replied with a genuine smile and audience laughed once more. "I want to urge you today, to forget what the world had to say about you and be what every the heck you want. Wear what you want, speak your mind and most importantly love who you want. There will be so many times where someone will try to bring you down, but you won't give them the satisfaction. You will stand up and take pride in yourself...in what you are doing now, this instant. Many of you are here, seeking a better education and advancing in life — some of you are the first in your family doing it and I would like for you to take pride in that, because you are putting in the work."