18. Dante

Flora stepped into Indiana's room and found her friend laying in her bed with two butterfly band-aids on her forehead and tiny scar underneath them.

"Hey," Flora gently said as she walked over to her friend.

Indiana looked up at her with tears eyes. "I-I am so sorry, Flora. If I hadn't nagged you to come with me—"

"Hey, I'm fine and you're fine." Flora assured as she sat down beside Indiana. "If they hadn't done it yesterday, they would have done it another day. I was aware of the risks that came with taking this role on."

Indiana hugged her friend, letting the tears she was holding back stream down her cheeks. "I'm so glad you're okay." Flora hugged her friend and patted her back until Indiana was able to compose herself. "Where are you headed to?"

       Flora heaved a sigh as she looked down at her palms. "Hayden and his parents agreed that it would be best if I went back to America for a short period of time, while they work on capturing Lorenzo." Flora explained. "I will be staying with an ally of theirs...a very famous and feared mafia leader."

       "After you were just captured by a mafia leader?" Indiana scoffed in disbelief.

"He is feared by other mafia leaders, including Lorenzo. So, I will be safe with him...Lorenzo wouldn't dare cross Dante Villanueva." Flora explained.

"Let me come with you," Indiana pleaded, but Flora shook her head.

       "You have to stay here and gain your strength." Flora reasoned. "I will be fine and I'll call you everyday."

       "You better," Indiana warned causing her friend to chuckle. Flora extended her pinky and Indiana interlocked her pink with Flora's. The two gave each other one last goodbye before Flora walked out the door and downstairs to the dinning room.

       "Are you ready, my love?" Hayden asked as he set down the porcelain mug onto the wooden table.

"Yes," Flora chirped as she took a piece of toast and took a bite out of it. "I'm going to miss you."

Hayden stood up and wrapped his arms around Flora's waist. "It will only be for a week," Hayden reasoned as he stroked Flora's cheek with her thumb. "And when you return, I will be waiting for you with open arms."

Flora laid her head on his head, enjoying the warmth of his embrace and the sense of safety it brought. Hayden rested his chin on her head, pulling her closer to him. He was reluctant to let her go, but knew that she would be safer with Dante.

       "Your highness, the car is ready." Micaela announced and the couple pulled away from their embrace.

       "I'll see you in one week," Flora said, forcing a small smile.

       "I'll see you in one week, my love." Hayden leaned down and placed a soft gentle kiss on Flora's lips before Micaela led Flora into the awaiting Range Rover.

       "Miss Flora!" Benjamin called out as the pair approached the double-doors. "I insist that you allow me to come with you."

       Flora shook her head ignoring Benjamin's request. "Please, I ask that you stay here and look after Indiana. She's going to need the company of someone who cares for her while I'm gone."

       Benjamin nodded as he obeyed Flora's orders. Micaela and Flora walked out of the manor and stepped into the awaiting Range Rover. Five other trucks surrounded the car to ensure the safety of princess. The royal chopper could be heard in the distance as they flew above the manor.