07. Another Drunken Night

"There were some matters I would like to discuss with you before you go to bed." Hayden announced as the couple entered their designated room.

       Flora let her eyes wonder around admiring the beautiful decor. Cream color wallpaper aligned the walls, mixed in with gold and baby blue decorations. A silky baby blue bed canopy was draped on the wall. There was an arched doorway leading to a mini living room and an attached balcony.

       "Flora," Hayden called out gaining the brunette's attention.

       "What did you want to discuss?" Flora asked as she followed Hayden into the living room.

       "As you know Benjamin has been placed on your service at the request of my grandmother and I." Hayden explained. "Some enemies of the royal family have found out about our marriage and you are now another one of their targets."

Flora's eyes grew wide as she heard. "Another one of their targets! What enemies does the royal family have?" She burst out.

"Individuals who have blood claims to the throne, conspirers against the throne and a vicious mafia family who came to hold power in Italy and did not appreciate our attempts to end their reign of terror in Positano." Hayden explained. "The latter is whom we are most worried about."

"But no one knows who you're married to." Flora reasoned.

"They do not know yet, but when this family comes to know of your identity they will target you." Hayden warned. "That is why we have assigned Benjamin as your undercover bodyguard and unto your service. In case this family figures out your identity before we publicly announce our marriage you will have Benjamin to protect you at all costs. We would also like to assign another one that would pose as one of your classmates while Benjamin poses as your cousin, so we do not raise suspicion from the public."

Flora nodded. "If it is what we have to do, let's do it." She said.

Hayden walked over to the suitcase laying on the couch and pulled out a Manila folder. He handed it to Flora and the brunette opened it to reveal an image of a woman and details next to her image.

"This is Micaela Regio, an Italian navy soldier and now member of the royal guard tier 1." Hayden explained. "She will be your other bodyguard posing as one of your classmate. You'll have the chance to meet her as soon as she arrives to New York."

"She seems nice," Flora commented as she stared at Micaela's picture.

"Well, that is all I wanted to discuss with you." Hayden said. "We will be sharing a bedroom together but if you'd like I will sleep on the couch. Do you have clothes to sleep in?"

"I was planning to sleep in these clothes but I did not expect to end up all sweaty." Flora admitted.

Hayden walked toward one of the double-doors on the left side of the bed and came back holding a black folded t-shirt. He handed it the awaiting brunette.

"The bathroom is located through those doors." Hayden said as motioned to the other double-doors on the right side of the bed.

"Thank you," Flora replied as she handed him a small smile.

"I have to make some phone calls so I will be back shortly." He informed as he began to retreat out of the room.