05. A Royal Makeover

It had been a week and still no word from Hayden. The news circling the incident of last Saturday were just beginning to die down as the royal family refused to make a statement on the topic.

"Maybe they resolved the issue?" Indiana mused as she set her empty bowl inside the sink.

"Maybe," Flora agreed as she rested her chin on her palm. "But he did say we wouldn't be able to go through with the annulment."

"Well, the thing that is certain is that you have work in twenty minutes." Indiana reminded.

Flora turned to their kitchen clock and realized her friend was right. She drank the remaining coffee and placed the mug inside the sink. She placed the freshly ironed polka-dot shirt on over her white singlet and slipped on her black heels. Indiana grabbed her bag and began making her way toward the door.

"Good morning!" Zander chirped as he poked his head through the now open door.

"How do you have so much energy this early in the morning?" Indiana grumbled as she held the door open. "Anyway, good luck on your presentation today you too. Bye!"

"Take care!" Flora said as she buttoned up her shirt and tucked it into her pastel pink pants.

"Your ready Flor?" Zander asked, his icy blue eyes turning to the brunette.

       "Yesh." Flora replied, as she took the hair tie from her teeth and wrapped it around her brown locks.

       Flora grabbed her black purse and keys on her way out. After making sure the door was locked, she followed Zander down the corridors to the stairs.

       "You look nice by the way." Zander complimented, running a nervous hand through his beach blonde curls.

"Um...thank you." Flora said with a shy smile.

The two walked in silence as they stepped out of the elevator. They stepped into the nosy streets of New York City, but the awkward silence among them continued.

"It's crazy the whole royal scandal from last week ." Zander stated. Thankfully, none of the tabloids were able to get a clear picture of Flora's face and expose her identity. "I wonder who the lucky gal is."

"Yeah," was Flora's only response.

       "Who would have thought that the playboy prince would finally settle down." Zander said in disbelief.

       "Where you able to practice your part of the presentation?" Flora asked, trying to divert his attention from the subject.

       Zander turned to Flora with enthusiastic smile spread across his face.

       "I memorized every part." He said proudly. "I know we are going to ace this presentation and get those positions as junior editors of Glitz and Glam Magazines."

Flora could not help but smile as she too shared his excitement. This presentation could guarantee her official position at Glitz and Glam Magazines after her internship is over. Her smile soon dropped though as she realized this could be put at jeopardy with the situation she was in.

"Flora, you okay?" Zander asked, the concern visible in his eyes.

Flora forced a smile on her face and nodded. "Yeah." She answered, but Zander was not convinced.

The pair soon neared the tall brick building that housed the headquarters of Glitz and Glam Magazines, a famous gossip magazine. They walked through the revolving doors and entered a busy lobby.