10. Telling the Parents

"You are so lucky you get to go away for Thanksgiving." Indiana whined as the two walked down the halls to the nearby elevator.

       "It will be a nice break from having to wear heels the entire time." Flora added as she grimaced at her red velvet heels.

       "How do you think your parents will react?" Indiana asked, her eyebrow perking up in curiosity. The two stepped into the available elevator and pressed the button for the lobby floor.

       "I'm afraid my father might kill him." Flora admitted with a worried frown. "My mother on the other hand, will be beyond joyful that I finally found love."

Indiana gave her a slanted nod of approval knowing Flora's parents all too well. They were basically her second parents. The two stepped out of the elevator as it reached the lobby and were greeted by a giddy blonde seated in the lounge near the entrance.

       "Look!" He shoved the magazine in the girls' faces as he grinned from ear to ear.

        Indiana took the magazine from his hand and the park examined it. Standing in the front page was Hayden and the title read, 'A Royal Love Story'. Flora took the magazine from Indiana's hand and turned the page to find her article on the first page. A wide smile spread on her tinted lips as she found her name encrypted into the page next to Zander's.

       "We did it!" Flora cheered as she extended her hand for a high-five, but Zander picked Flora up into a hug instead. Flora laughed at his excitement and patted his back.

       "I'm so proud of you two." Indiana stated as she pulled them into a group hug.

       "We should celebrate," Zander suggested, hoping the pair would agree with him. Indiana gave him an apologetic smile.

       "I wish, but I have an interview with Vogue." Indiana replied and Zander nodded understandingly.

       "Flora?" Zander asked as he turned to her with a pleading smile.

"Sure," the brunette nodded and Zander fist-pumped the air from excitement.

       "Well, you two have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do." Indiana teased. "I should get going before I get late, but congrats guys!"

       Zander and Flora waved goodbye at their retreating friend. Flora turned to Zander and asked, "Where to partner?"

Zander chuckled at Flora's antics and replied, "It is a surprise."

He grabbed Flora's hand and led her out the building. They walked down the concrete stairway, Flora's ponytail swinging side to side with every step. The brunette stared down at their interlocked hands and slowly slid her hand out of Zander's grip.

       "Sorry," Zander said offering her a cheeky smile as his pale cheeks reddened.

       "It's okay," Flora assured as she adjusted her bag onto her shoulder.

       "By the way, Daniel told me that they will be sending us to the Winter Ball as Glitz and Glam's representatives." Zander informed trying to sound calm, despite his inner excitement. "And they will be giving us our attire for that night."

       "That's nice of them," Flora stated attempting to sound excited, but her thoughts were elsewhere. Mainly on the fact of how she was to attend the ball as a reporter and the new princess.

"Once we graduate we have a secure job." Zander continued, oblivious of Flora's worried expression. "And we are here."

Flora stopped and looked up to find themselves standing outside the newest restaurant in the block. Zander led Flora inside and toward an empty table. The blonde pulled the chair for Flora and tucked her in as they waited for the waiter.