15. Breaking the Walls of the Heart

Hayden and Flora, like the other guests turned to the far corner of the garden where William and Benjamin were on the ground, punching one another. Indiana stood next to them trying to pull William off of Benjamin.

       "What the —" Flora gasped as William threw a hard blow onto Benjamin's face, but the brunette pushed him onto the ground and returned the gesture.

       "Guards!" Queen Rebecca called out, urging them to stop the fight.

       The royal guards — including Micaela — walked over to the two men and pulled them away from each other. Flora rushed to Indiana's side, holding onto her as she sobbed heavily.

       "All three of you inside now!" The Queen ordered and the three of them walked inside, Flora following her friend in. Hayden walked behind them as his father stood back to apologize for the incident.

       Queen Rebecca pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration as she glared at William, Indiana, and Benjamin. "Have you no decency!"

       The three of them stared at the floor, none of them daring to stare at the Queen. Flora and Hayden stood to the side as Guilia sat on one of the arm-chairs.

       "Mother—"

       Queen Rebecca raised her palm to stop Hayden from talking. "You are a Lord, you are a royal guard and YOU are a lady-in-waiting." Queen Rebecca said as she pointed at each one of them. "This behavior is unacceptable! And it better not repeat itself or I will have you all banished from these lands, understood?"

       "Yes, your majesty." They all answered in unison.

       "Next time, choose your lady-in-waiting wisely," Queen Rebecca snarled before walking out of the room. Flora clenched her jaw, but calmed herself before she would do something irrational.

       "I am very sorry Flora," the blonde apologized to her friend, tears swelling in her eyes.

       "It is alright, go get some rest." Flora replied and her friend nodded as she walked out of the room. William was about to go after her but Flora pulled him back. "You stay away from my best friend, you have already hurt her enough."

       William nodded as he diverted his gaze from Flora's angry blue eyes, which soon fell upon Benjamin. "And you —"

       "Me?" Benjamin asked as he pointed toward himself.

       "I do not know what is going on between you two, but if you hurt her like this douche, I'll kill you both." Flora warned as she stared between the two men.

       "Yes, your highness." Benjamin replied as he bowed down and left the room. William glared at the retreating brunette, earning himself a whack in the head from Flora.

       "You have no reason to be glaring at him, you let Indiana go, now deal with it." Flora scolded.

William scoffed at Flora's words causing the brunette's mouth to fall agape. She was about to launch at the retreating blonde, but Hayden stopped her. "I'll talk to him," he said. "Go get some rest, it has been a long day."

       Flora nodded and walked up the staircase, her lady's maids guiding her to the correct room. Once inside, they gave Flora a courtesy and walked out the door. Flora noticed her suitcases had been brought up and she walked over to them, pulling out a pair of black leggings and white sweatshirt.