Part 22 - Homecoming IV

Toweling her hair, she stood leaning against the window taking in the disarray of the room. His t-shirt was scattered as a pile, by the door, alongside her blouse. The ruffled sheets were bunched up around his waist, as he lay sprawled on her bed half-naked.

The pregnancy hormones were to be blamed, she figured, for she'd never before been as sensitive to touch or absorb the myriad sensations that he awoke in her. She coyly smiled recollecting the night's moments that had left every inch of her tasted and sated by him.

"Care to share what's funny this early in the morning?" He asked, propping himself on his elbow.

"It's weird, but you seem so out of place in my room that I had to ask myself if I was having an affair."

"Well," he said getting out of bed. "It's not so bad if your lover and your husband are one and the same."

It was one thing to gaze at him from far. Now, as he lazily ambled across the room, barely clad in his lounge pants, she felt a sudden pool of heat course through her and braced herself against the window to take support.

"Are you ok?" He asked rushing to her side and the nearness intensified the heat simmering on her skin.

"You aren't helping luv!" She pushed him away with a groan. "I decree that you not remain in my sight, shirtless, until after we are done with the day."

Though he gleaned her affectation, he did nothing to fan it further when they were aware of the host duties that awaited them. Placing a chaste kiss on her cheek, he laughed his way to disappear inside the bathroom.

Stepping out of the room, she spotted Seo Dan busy feeding Min Young. Gu Seung Jun appeared to be still asleep on the couch.

"Are you not planning to join us?" she asked reaching for the toy Min Young had cast on the floor. "It's really sunny outside and the park will be fun for Min Young. We can pick-up lunch after that."

"The jet lag is getting to everyone," Seo Dan answered, tipping her head to Gu Seung Jun. "We'll do something later in the day."

She nodded with a smile and shifted into her home office to get through her work emails. However, her brain cells weren't ready in the least for high-functioning tasks, when she kept drifting back and forth through the emotions evoked by the anticipation of spending a normal day with him in Seoul. The word 'normal' hadn't been part of their life for long and now it was hard for her to imagine not having to face mentions of returning home or an endless separation.

"Ready?" His voice alerted him and she jumped up from her chair, partly nervous it was only a dream.

Looping her arm around his, they entered the elevator. "What if I told you this feels like an escapade and not a date?"

He lightly touched the tip of her nose with his. "What if I told you that it's every date's hope it feel like an escapade than a mundane outing?"

"I'm handing it to you too easy," she said, with mock anger. "I need to make you work for it."

"You know I don't shy away from a challenge, luv." He winked at her.

"That we shall see," she said with a giggle like that of a giddy teenager, a state of being not far from how she felt then.

Something about being together in Seoul, in her home base, lent a sense of permanence to their togetherness and it was a sentiment she didn't know was needed until she experienced it. She settled into the car seat with eyes misty from happy tears that came well before she could even have a taste of the day. With tangled fingers resting on the arm cushion, they began their drive through the streets of Seoul.