Chapter 25

Recap

I walked into the stadium and filled up my  water bottle before running back out to the mini-stage. I got there and chugged down the other water bottle, saving the one I just filled. The screen behind her appeared again and was spinning to display the next game...

(Y/N) POV

Calvary battles? Huh, I never expected THAT one. I only remember doing those in the playground to see who would get to pick the games-

Midnight proceeded to tell us we were allowed teams of 2-4. The catch was that each player had a value based on what place they came in. She started explain the point system, "And the point value assigned to first place contestant is...Ten million!" 10 MILLION!?

Everyone, including myself, stared at Izuku with competitive intent. He looked petrified...I stopped staring and slowly walked up to him, placing my hand on his shoulder. He looked back at me scared, but I gave him a reassuring smile and squeeze on the shoulder, he seemed to calm down a little after that.

I looked up at the board to see my value, and mine was 195. Midnight proceeded to keep explaining the rules while I looked around at the remaining players. "Now, you've got 15 minutes to build your teams. I recommend you get started." As she said that the timer behind her started ticking down.

Alright...Now to find a team. Can't be that hard right? I'll go ask Katsuki! I walk over to Katsuki and see...He already has the Bakusquad as his team!? Dang there goes my chances...I turn back around to keep looking and see the violet haired insomniac. "Hey there insomniac! How's it going for you~" He just smiled "Better now that I know you didn't forget our little bet." I just chuckled "How could I forget? One of us had to wear a collar for a month after this." "Glad you know what's at stake then when you lose." "Hah! You wish!" We both chuckled and walked away from each other.

I stood looking around for a team I could join, but I couldn't come up with anything good! Almost everyone in my class already partnered up and I don't know the others quirks! I don't wanna do this but...I might have to work with Shinso on this one. I noticed earlier that Ojiro from my class was on his team so maybe things could work out?

I swallowed my pride and walked back over to him. He had just finished talking to Ojiro but something looked wrong...Whatever I just need to get this over with. "Shinso." "Hm? Oh hello (L/N). What brings you back?" He was smirking, that mother fucker is just asking to get punched I swear. I took a deep breath and looked at him in the eyes. "I want to be on your team." He stared at me for a second.

"I'm sorry? Did you just say you wanted to team with me? The person YOU placed a bet against?" I kept eye-contact so he knew I was serious "Oh wow you're not kidding." "Of course I'm not kidding! Look, all of my classmates are already taken and you're the one other person I know outside of class. I know we have a bet going BUT, team with me this one round. We can continue the bet after this round if you can agree to a temporary truce." I stuck my hand out. "Heh, I guess we could for one round. But what if we both fail?" He grabbed my hand and shook it "I have a strong feeling you want to see me suffer so you won't lose." He shook his head and laughed "Guess it was obvious then, lemme tell you the plan then." I nodded.

He pointed to Ojiro and the other person there, "Currently they are under my control, so they are like puppets." "What even is your quirk Shinso?" "...Mind control." Mind control? Thats super cool! "Cool!" "Huh? You aren't scared I'm gonna brainwash you at any minute? Isn't my quirk for a villain?" "Is that what you think? Well you're wrong, I know you won't because it would be cheating on our bet. We may be at a truce but the rules still apply. And I don't think it's a villains quirk, to be fair ANY quirk could be a villain quirk if used wrong." He just stared at me "Helloo? Earth to Shinso?" He shook his head "My plan was to use them as puppets and grab points but since I can't control you, I need you to listen carefully for my instructions." I nodded

8 minutes later

The timer had gone off and Shinso mounted me and the others. "Remember to listen alright?" "I gotcha Insomniac." Midnight set us off and Shinso told me where to run. The basic plan was to stay in the background. Since everyone would go for Izuku, we would catch the stranglers off guard and steal their bands. (Since they didn't really give a specified amount of time the game lasts I'm making it 15 minutes)

The timer started and Shinso directed us to a team that was in the back going for Izuku. We got up behind them and Shinso somehow got their band without them noticing. "Nice grab!" "Don't praise me just yet, still got 14 minutes left." I nodded

3rd POV

Throughout the 14 minutes they had left, together Shinso and (Y/N) had gathered enough points to be in 3rd place. As the timer went down, suddenly a giant slab of ice covered the battle field. Shinso and (Y/N) had enough points to pass so they ignored it. But (Y/N) had a sinking feeling something was going down in the ice...

(Y/N) POV

Eventually the timer ran down and they ended the games. "Now, let's take a look at who our top 4 teams are!" I do wonder, Shinso didn't tell me what place we were in. "In first place, Team Todoroki! In second place, Team Bakugo" I looked over at Katsuki as I helped Shinso down from sitting on top. I saw him...screaming on the ground??? "In third place is testute- Wait, what? It's team Shinso? When did they come back from the dead?"

I looked at Shinso and smiled "See you in the next game then I guess." He flashed a smile back before he walked away. I looked back at everyone who was all in the corner with the ice, Izuku was crying a fountain and Todoroki seemed to be deep in thought. I wonder why...

Present Mic announce we would be having an hour lunch break, meaning it was also a rest period. I walked inside the stadium and out to the food courts to get some water and food. As I was walking through the halls though I heard my name "(L/N) (Y/N)" I turned around, and to surprise it was Endeavor!

"Y-Yes Endeavor sir?" He glared down at me, he was more intimidating in person... "Do you know what Quirk Marriages are?" "Huh? Yes sir I do, why bring them up though?" "I want you to marry my son Shoto Todoroki when you graduate" ...WHAT!? "I-I'm sorry Endeavor sir but I'm not interested, I'm already with someone..." His glare intensified "Your quirk could very well power up Shoto's ice quirk in the next generation, in case he fails to be the number one I want his children to be able to be number one." Was he serious? Does he actually only want me to marry Todoroki so he can pass his goals onto the next generation? Is this really who the number 2 hero is..?