Lilies

Son Chaeyoung's POV

*chirping of the birds..*

It's been 4 days and those french people keeps bothering us. They're giving me a headache and I can't even work and finish all my paintings. Why can't they just leave us alone. The island is for the people of Adelene.

"Chaeyoung-ah."I heard my eomma."Come here"

I walked outside our house when I saw my 8 year old daughter crying. She got bruises again on her knees.I sighed.

"Areum!" I grabbed my daughter's arm and spanked her on the butt."You climn on the hills again!"

Areum cried louder. But I spanked her more. This stubborn kid needs to be punished.

"Stop it!" My mom pulled my daughter awya from me."You're not helping her by spanking her!"

"Aisht!" I pur my hand on my waist. "She's growing up savage!"

"She's a kid!" My mom kneeled and rubbed a wet towel on Areum's wounded knees.

I rolled my eyes and walked away from them. My mom is spoiling my daughter even if she did wrong. If only my wife is still here with us. Well, she'll also probably spoiled our only daughter.

My wife Celeste, she was half Korean half American. We've met each other when she visited the island. She was an aspiring travel photographer. We fell inlove with each other and got married. I loved her so much. She was my first and my only true love. She was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She got pregnant with my child within a year of our marriage.

Yes,it's my child,since I am an intersex. That means I am a woman having both reproductive systems. I have a penis but I also have boobs. Yes, I'm kinda unique. But Celeste loved without doubts. She gave her all to me, even gave up her promising career to be just stay here in Adelene Island and be my wife and the mother of our child. But a tragedy happened when we found out that she has leukemia. Our kid was only 1 year old that time. She died after 2 years..

It almost killed me. She was my life and my everything. But she left me so early. Now I'm living in deep loneliness and hopelessness. My mom is taking care of my child coz I can't even take care of myself. It's been six years after that and I'm still drowning.

I miss my wife so bad and it's killing me everyday waking up without her in our bed. I'm in depression and I keep dying. But what can I do? She's now gone. I'm never gonna see her ever again..

______

My mom called me, that the French authorities are in their house again. So I hurriedly pedaled my bike and go to their house. She said there's a woman, claiming to be a decendant of Lenard Martin. She has some documents with her.

These greedy people won't leave us alone! The island was long inherited to our family since Lenard Martin died in 1912! He gave the title to my great grandparents, telling them that the island is for the people who helped him when he's hiding from the Japanese Imperial Army. The island was built to be like a mini french village. That's why alot of tourists keeps coming here.

And now some French bullshits are claiming the island! Greedy people!

__

I dropped my old and rusty Japanese bike to the ground and walked inside my parent's house. And there they are. The French men wearing formal suits. And a woman dress in a white simple dress. She's so beautiful,damn. Is she an actresa or what?

They all looked my way. I gulped when our eyes met. She has this cold look, there's something in her eyes that makes me ask her.

Loneliness.