Nerves and the night sky

You bite your lip nervously as you look out the window of the tour bus.
You watch as the bus drives down the highway. Signs pass by in a blur and you sigh as you look up at the pitch black sky.

"Hey," A voice says causing you to jump out of your skin.

You look over and see Shawn standing across the room.

"Sorry," he frowns as he notices your panicked state.

"It's fine," you pant as you try and calm your breathing down.

Once you've calmed down Shawn decides to walk over and sit down across from you.

"What are you doing up? It's three in the morning," Shawn asks as he takes a sip of his water.

"Mick's snoring and I'm nervous," you chuckle as you look over at him.

Shawn snorts as he looks over at Mick and your bunk.
When he sees Mick snoring loudly he laughs quietly.

"Why are you nervous?" Shawn asks as he looks back over at you.

You shrug, "I haven't seen my sister in so long. I always get worried that she will no longer like me. I'm excited as well. It's quite confusing," You sigh as you rest your chin on your arms.

Shawn nods.

"She's your sister. She loves you, she's not going to stop liking you," Shawn tells you.

"I know. I just can't help but think negative thoughts," you sigh as you bite your bottom lip.

"Relatable," Shawn chuckles as he smiles at you.

You grin and look back out at the night sky.

"I still haven't told her about what happened and I'm not sure if I should," you blurt as you focus on the full moon.

"That's your decision but considering the way you smile when she texts you I think she will be very supportive," Shawn says as he brush back his hair.

"I hope so," You yawn.

"You should head back to bed," Shawn suggests as he notices how exhausted you are.

"Not yet," You giggle as you rub your eyes.

"Alright," Shawn laughs as he takes a swig of his water.

"Why are you up?" You ask him as you look at him.

"I was thirsty," Shawn smiles as he drinks more of his water.

You nod and smile. You like Shawn, he's really nice and he treats you like a younger sister.

"I'm going to go back to bed. Wake me up if you need anything," Shawn smiles as he stands up and puts his glass in the kitchen.

"Thanks Shawn. Sleep well," you grin as you wave at him.
He waves back and climbs into his bunk, shutting the curtain.

You pull your knees to your chest and look at the road. The dashed lines move quickly as the bus speeds away.

You allow yourself to be sucked back into your thoughts.
Memories of you and your sister swirl through your mind.
Happy memories, and arguments occupy your brain.

You rest your head down on your arms sleepily as you yawn quietly to yourself.

Right as you're about to drift off to sleep two arms wrap around you and pick you up.
You look up at the figure through your half shut eyes and smile as you see Mick's beard.

He carries you bridal style back to the bunk and you grin as you cuddle into his broad chest.

You feel Mick set you down on the soft pillows and then the bed dips as Mick crawls in with you.