Chapter 5:crush

Mildred's POV

Two hours later we where on a plane,"are you ready to cross the Atlantic Ocean all the way to Greece?,my mother asked sipping on her wine.

"I don't know anymore,honestly mom i have been super excited, preparing for this tour for  like six months and now I'm just Exhausted,I feel like something bad might happen",I said while sipping on some wine too.

"I know you are nervous baby but mama is  right here with you,there is nothing to worry about,just chill its just the two of us,two pilots,a hostess and a piano guy on this plane,nothing will happen",mama said rubbing my shoulder.I nodded laying my head on her shoulder but couldn't shake the feeling that  something bad will happen.

Two hours later due to a very,very bad weather we were forced to land at a nearby airport  due to the slight turbulence,so the plain landed in Mali west of Africa and I wasn't really happy about it so we had to call everyone informing them of the situation and that we will be in greece a day or two later.

*********************
"You always wanna control me,I never get to make decisions on my own you know,dad is on my left,you on my right ,bugging me,why can't you let me make my own decisions for myself this once,I'm not 15anymore  you know",I screamed to my mother.

"Mildred come down,I am your mother and I know what's right for you  at times,if not all times",she said in a calm voice.

"Half of the time I support you, going against everything that's right because I know you  my baby and I want what's best for you,hell you don't even know how many sleepless nights I have been through,me and your dad fighting because he wants you moving out if you continue with your 'lifestyle',and even though I know almost every time he's right,I still go against him for you.

"Today I don't wanna fight with you baby,but please can we  at least wait one more day,the weather is really really bad",mom said holding her suitcase and mine while we walked out of the hotel room we were staying to the airport.

"There's nothing we can do about that mother its just the rains,what if it takes more than a week to stop raining,we will board the plane today and I have already called taxi,no way I'm staying in Mali one more night or I will die.

"Very well",she said getting into the cab after me,the ride was silent as I had plugged in my earphones to avoid conversation,and in thirty minutes time we were at the airport boarding our plane.

All this argument had started because mom thought it wasn't safe to travel today,especially by plane because the weather conditions where bad,but I wasn't up for it.

"It's getting a bit sunny mom,you might have been a bit mad at me but you know at times  i might be right too  you know",I said making myself  comfortable for some sleep with a smile on my face,greece here we come.

"Yeah yeah whatever,you will regret it when you wake up in the middle of nowhere and everyone else will be dead",she said putting on a pair of headphones,I didn't wanna argue so I chose not to retort back.

********************
The moment I opened my eyes the plane was shaking strongly,so was my mom,doing the same to me."Mildred get up!!",mama screamed shaking me again.

"I'm up,I'm up,mama what's happening?,i asked terrified.

"They said there is a very strong wind,heavy rain and lighting.The wind is pushing us further to the west of Africa",my mother said holding me tight.

The pillot instructed us to put on everything that required safety, and in that instant lighting striked,hitting the the left wing then red lights,warning signs and alarms Started ringing.

The plane began swerving left and right and from the looks  of it the pillot team couldn't control it."Mildred seat down where are you going!",my mother said holding my hand.

"I gotta save my piano guy he looks like he's struggling to breathe",I stood up walking to where he was even though the plane was shaking.

"Zander are you ok!!",i shouted  kneeling in front of him so he could hear me,"I can't breathe",he said looking purple red."The oxygen mask is in front of you Zander", I said holding it up for him.

"I sometimes get mini strokes when I'm terrified,so I can't move my hands",he said now crying."For the love of God at least you are lucky you are my best piano guy,would have left you to die because I don't take lies that well,you lied to me that you had no problem healthy wise,but here you are with a mini stroke",I said putting the mask on his face then stood up.

The airplane shook violently and this time it started going downward,"Mildred!!",my mother shouted and before I could register what was happening something hit me  in the head and I fell down,I looked at my mom's direction and saw her holding on to one of the seats her whole body in the air.

"Mama hold on I'm coming", I said weakly raising my hand before darkness welcome itself into my eyes and blacked out.