Chapter 7:Village slave?

Mutsa's POV

I whistled to the song that was being played on my small radio as I kick started the preparations of my day.

Davido,who didn't love Davido,"Money follow you,banana follow you,Prada follow you cause I'm in love with eh,all my friends call me Christano Mr Ronald"....I sang to the lyrics putting on my work overalls.

"Good morning brother you look like you are in a good mood today,did you get yourself a fine girl?",Tinga my second big brother asked.

"No I just feel like its going to be a good week and a good day for me,since that good for nothing village head is traveling to the city",I said putting some tooth paste on my tooth brush,took a tumbler full of water and walked out my brother on my tail.

"Yeah yeah I heard so too,Caro the shoe maker do you feel like starting some trouble now that the village head is gone?",my brother asked Grinning,I finished brushing my teeth then washed my face before answering him.

"No no brother but I just feel like singing in peace without his mockery",I said seating on a stool outside.

"Talking about music why won't you just let it rest Mutsa,music will take you nowhere,for starters you live in a village, you are a herdboy,no money,our father paralyzed and blind and two broke big brothers.Do you see any future in this?".

"What people care about here is land,domestic animals,family riches,marriage and nothing else and a man who loves music and singing will soon enough be declared as a curse upon the family",my brother said eating left over yarm from a pot.

"Since we talking about music i just finished writing and composing a few songs,wish I could find a young woman with a beautiful angelic voice who i can sing with me",I said day dreaming.

"What of Tiwa that beautiful young lady from the market she looks like she can sing",my brother said head in the pot."What no Tiwa's singing is horrible even my father looked disturbed when she sang for him that other day I said horrified.

Runa my oldest brother joined in the laughter coming from behind his sleeping hut."Don't be heartless little brother is it because you ate the forbidden fruit already?",he asked with a smirk.

"What no I never slept with Tiwa,yes we are  really good friends but she's not my type,I said looking at them both.Then Runa responded,and her mouth is your type i see,he said giving Tinga a high five.

"You know what whatever",i said to both of them."And where were you by the way"I asked Runa.

"I was at kunle's place,with my wife to be,making love to her all night",he said taking the pot from Tinga.

"What!!,you must be joking,do you understand the seriousness of the crime you are committing you face fuck?!!,you are fucking the Chief's daughter certain nights per week,your lobola money ain't enough yet,let alone the number of cattle and goats you have",I said looking at him shocked.

"Come down little brother,a man has needs,I thought you understood that by now with the amount of times you bury your dick down Tiwa's throat,she thinks you will marry her one day you known" he said with a cocky smile."Whatever I'm going to work I ain't remaining a village slave,I wanna be rich one day you know" I said standing up.

They both laughed,"Village slave?"they both questioned,"you are no village slave little brother,you are the Davido of this village,Wizkid,sauti soul,a little bit of John legend,boys to men,justin bieber,shawn menders,charlie puth,kanye west all you brother",they helped each other mention names of famous singers I just shook my head until I couldn't hear their voices from afar.

I arrived at the first village home  which is where Tiwa stayed,I removed my hat and greeted the parents."Papa,mama goodmorning".

"Good morning son they greeted back."I'm here to collect the cattle",I said to them.