Chapter 6 :The curse

The heat next to me forced me to open my eyes,my head was pounding and my body felt like a torn of bricks had been unloaded on me,I felt sour everywhere..I moved a bit then turned my head to look at where the heat was coming,then I saw a few centimeters from where I lay a crushed plane was there and fire had been burning from that distance,no,no,no I thought,that's where everyone was supposed be .

I forced myself to stand up forgetting about the pain that shoot through my whole body and limped to the plane,on the side lay two pilots their bodies were shredded into pieces,I moved a few things that  blocked the way and I touched a hand, dragged the body out and  noticed it was Zander his lower body was nomore so where his eyes,gosh this was so horrible.

I looked inside and my mother wasn't inside so I went around in search of her that's when I saw her eyes looking at me yet she was still.

"Mom I'm here now,are you OK",I ran to her and started shaking her,"mom wake up I'm here now,I'm going to have to call 911or something",I said holding her.

She wasn't moving moving she was still as a corpse,"mom please wake up!",I moved my hand to check her palse,nothing,checked everywhere and yet again nothing,she was dead my mother was gone.

"Nooooooh!!!",I screamed tears streaming down my face,"mom please don't leave me,mom please nooooooh,no,no,no mama please wake up!!!!".

I closed her eyes then lay my head on her belly,'mama I should have listened to you I'm sorry,we should have stayed in Mali,i should have been the one to die in your place,you didn't deserve this,what will dad say,what will I do without a mother no please tell me this is a dream",I said sobbing.

I had cried for hours regretting the fact that I never listened to her,I regret fighting with my mom earlier when she was right, all she wanted was what's best for me,so I stood up limping and looked at my torn white blood stained dress,I didn't care at the moment all I needed was some help and it looked like we where in a forest in the middle of nowhere.

****************
After searching for a cellphone in the crushed plane or something I can use for help I found nothing so I decided to search for help myself,I picked up a bottle of water which managed to survive among some other clothes, toiletries and other things too.

Gulping it down greedliy since my throat was dry I Saved some for later then started limping,where was I,all I knew was that it was a huge forest full of trees,a very hot forest at that and nothing else.

"Help somebody please help",I yelled sobbing,"I don't know where I am,I'm lost and everyone I came with died please please help me",I said again wiping tears from my eyes.

That's when I saw a tree full of something that looked like fruit,really,really big fruit so I walked to where it was and picked one,instantly biting it juice started coming out,ooh my god I closed my eyes feeling the sweet juice running down my throat and after finishing the fruit I threw it on the ground only for it to land back into my hands.

What the hell I thought so I threw it on the ground again and started walking  that's when something hit my head,I turned around and saw it was the seedling of the fruit I was eating,"aaaaagh",I said my anger building up,what is wrong with this weird forest.

"Pick up that seedling and throw it somewhere else,this is a clean forest therefore we do not allow litter in here",I turned around to see the source of the sound and saw it was the tree with fruits talking.

"aaaagh what the hell!!",I said out loud shocked,"why are you talking,you are a tree and you are talking".

It looked at me not phased at all,"humans",it shook its branches some of the fruit falling and climbing back,what the fuck i thought to myself.

"I gave you fruit seeing that you are sad and thirsty,you ate it and throwing the seedling on the ground is how you say thank you to me?,have some manners pick up the fruit seedling which looks bigger than your palms combined together and throw it far away from here to wherever you are going".

Was this tree shading me",OK fine,fine I will pick up my seedling and go throw it somewhere since you said this is a clean forest and proceeded with my journey"i said sarcasm dripping in every word I said,on my way I saw a hurt monkey laying on the ground crying I think but I was in no mood to check out the source of it's pain ,so I passed it.

I saw the same monkey ahead of me again and it looked really scared and hurt but I was so annoyed,scared myself,mad and lost  at the same time so instead of just passing by I went and kicked it,"stupid monkey eat that maybe that will make you stop crying",I said shoving the fruit seedling in its mouth then continued with my journey.

"Somebody out here please help,please someone help,heloooo!!",I said as I continued  limping.

"I can help you young one are you lost", I looked to where the voice was coming from and saw a black old woman,shit no she was black.

"Aaagh..yeah even though you black and too old you might probably not know the directions but where am I please if you could tell me",I said looking at her with disgust."You are in Nigeria west Africa,a plane crush got you here I guess",she said walking too close for my licking.

"How did you know it was a plane crush",i asked with an accusing face.

"You used the wrong route from Mali and this forest devours what dares to disturb it's peace", she said walking close to me.

"Aaaagh so you killed my team and my mother",I said with so much hate in my words."No little  one,the forest removes certain things around it every decade,which results in strong winds,storms and rains in the sky and mali warns people not to board planes on such days because it lasts only for days but you weren't patient little one and refused to listen to your mother now look what you caused",she said seating on a rock that came from nowhere.

"Are you saying killed those people?!",I asked  getting angry,"no little one I'm just saying your lack of reasoning and failure to understanding did,can I please have some water I'm thirsty",she said looking at me.

"No!!,I would rather pour it on the ground than have a mad woman share a bottle of water with me let alone black,you people are disgusting,filthy and pathetic life loosers let it be a body of water on the ground",I said opening it and pouring it on the ground,"let little ugly insects of Africa bath in it than you drinking it".

'Very well for the hate you have for everything around you and all the people around you,every animal you hate,every tree,every black person that will change today".

"From today on you will have the pliviledge of meeting every black person that comes into this forest ,young,old,male and female,every animal,every insect you will have the duty of meeting them and sharing with them the gift of water",she said raising her walking stick.

"Are you going to kill me!!",I screamed."No I'm not going to kill you but since water is a gift of live and everyone who comes to it is saved,animals drink and bath in it,humans use it for a lot of purposes and till you learn how to love and care  for other people,animals and whatever that surrounds you that's when the curse will be broken".

"You will turn into a body of water that will fill three quarters of this forest,one of the biggest rivers in Nigeria,unharmful so all life can consume,the day you will learn what real love and respect is the day you will be free".

The water I poured on the ground rose,the wind began blowing and the little water cycled me while the the old women began chanting and bit by bit I felt my body lift into the air and when I looked at my hands they were changing color to being colorless and then my whole body turned colorless.

No no no I thought but it was to late each body part of mine felt like gelo,then with a big slash I fell onto the ground and I wasn't hurt,why?, I looked around and I saw the biggest river I have ever seen in my life I tried to move but  the water would splash instead,it felt like only my spirit was alive and not me.

Fish raced I could see them,two crocodiles came swimming lazily I tried to move but was scared only for them to pass by that's when it rang in my mind which I didn't know I still had,that these animals that lived in water where living in me.

Because I was cursed and turned into a body of water!!!!!.

Hello people sorry for late updates but I hope to update as quickly as possible from now on enjoy.