Chapter 12:The presence of her voice

Mutsa's pov
I had been pondering the whole night as to why the voice I heard at the river the very same with the one and only voice of a girl that showed up in my dreams,Mildred.

I couldn't sleep the whole night and when I decided to close my eyes the sun was already shining through my window so I got up and decided to find out what was happening around here.

I knelt down then removed the suitcase that i wanted,the deceased girl's suitcase.Opening it i took out the laptop,opened it then switched it on.

After a few seconds the device was on then immediately I opened her music files and played one song and I froze,the very same voice that sang with me in my dreams is the same voice that sang with me at the the river,what the hell?!!.

I was about to close the musical file when I opened a certain video that was at the corner of the screen.She had on a loose bun while some of the hair fell side ways,huge glasses and a huge sweater that covered her knees, and she smiled at the camera as usual,not like I was weird but I had seen her in a video before,and she still looked breath taking.

"So Ben I have been writing this song for months now and I would love if you hear it,I wanna record it but I'm not sure if I should release it"she said looking behind her,I guess to Ben the guy she was talking to.

"Why not let's hear it",the guy who was referred to as Ben said walking to where she was and seating next to her then smiling,the perfect couple I thought.

Recorded instruments started playing,I bet she had recorded them earlier then she started singing that very song she sang with me in my dream and at the river,singing it gracefully until she finished.

"Wow"Ben said while looking at her,"that was beautiful babe,you should release it as a solo without the album this is beautiful"the guy said drinking some of the beverage he had from his bottle.

"Actually I don't wanna release it,I'm waiting for the right moment and right person",so I can sing for them",she said looking into the camera like she was telling me directly...weird.The other guy held a pained expression for a second then it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

It was really weird and confusing that all this was making a connection since last nights' dream,was the deceased gir's spirit roaming around and she was trying to tell me something,wheels where spinning in my head but before I gave myself a headache I decided to get up and do my ever so boring everyday job.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
After collecting the last herd of cattle humming to Wizkid's new song as I herd cattle to the one and only place I knew had 'greener pastures',I began thinking about the strange situation.

I don't want to go back to that place but I need answers.I need to know what's happening,is everything becoming so mythical or I'm just beginning to halucinate,in the middle of my thoughts the most irritating voice called my name,and I knew the person running after me so I just mentally rolled my eyes.

"Oooh my lord the gods surely did not forsake me  today,is it me heh?, surely bumping into a fine piece of meat like you this morning"Bonang the village head's wife said as she struggled to hold her breath since she was running.

"Good morning to you too Bonang,what piece of meat are you talking about,you have the very best piece of meat in our village,I mean look at our village head that man is",.....before I even finished she cut me off.

"Ooooh please what piece of meat are you talking about that man is too old for me now,big belly,greedy,bad jokes and you know his back is broken,he doesn't even last any long"she said trying by all means to pout which was horrible.