Chapter six

1971

'Everything I thought was real

Was a lie.'

Name: Y/n L/n

Gender: Female

Date of Birth: December 16th, 1918

Mother: Mackenzie L/n

Father: John L/n

Sibling(s): Georgia L/n 

Profession: US Army nurse, SSR

Date of deployment: November 27, 1942

Date of death: May 23, 1944

Cause of death: Unknown

(Feel free to change any of the names if they're yours)

"I don't understand," You muttered, staring at the fragile piece of paper that had just shattered your life into a thousand tiny fragments.

Georgia's eyes filled with sorrow. "I thought you were dead."

Something in the back of your mind tried to force its way forward, some long-buried memory perhaps? Something telling you that maybe, just maybe, she was telling the truth?

"Y/n? Are you ok?" Georgia, your sister, asked, leaning forward in her seat to get a better look at your face. "What happened to you? Wait, is that a scar on your face!?"

You took a few more seconds to get your thoughts in order as a small trickle of memories began to flow into your brain. You and Georgia playing in a field with another blonde boy. You, Georgia and the same boy watching a movie together. You and Georgia, now much older, supporting the blonde boy out of an alleyway, he had a bloody nose now.

The memories kept on coming, the blonde man, Steve, your mind whispered, was in a lot of them. Georgia was in almost all of them.

"Steve went to war not long after you did," Georgia said softly. "So did Bucky."

Bucky. You knew that name, but how did she know it?

"I- I'm sorry, Y/n, but, neither of them made it." Her voice cracked and you felt a stab of sorrow, for her and yourself. She picked up another file. "Steve sent me this as soon as they lost Bucky, he said he wanted someone to have it because he knew how much he meant to you."

You shook your head slightly as another scene flitted into your mind.

You stared over the fence separating your house from his, you could see him there, in the sunlight. His dark brown hair was far shorter than you'd ever seen it, and his blue eyes were bright.

A hand landed on your shoulder and you turned to see Georgia behind you.

"Go talk to him," She said. "If you're leaving tomorrow, this- this might be your last chance."

You shook your head. "He doesn't even know my name, it's probably better this way. We both know I probably won't make it."