Prologue

Narrators pov:

It was a nice cold winter night, Lily and James Potter left their home and children with their close friend Peter Pettigrew, or at least that's what everyone thought of him. "M-my l-lord, the Po-Potters left the h-house h-hours ago and the ch-children are in the nursery," Pettigrew said with fear in his words, and Voldemort came then went up the stairs with Pettigrew showing him the way to the nursery.

Voldemort and Pettigrew entered the nursery and saw two cribs. One had a boy in it and the baby boy looked like a spitting image of his father except he had green eyes just like his mother but they were duller, his name was Harry. "How pathetic," Voldemort said and laughed at the thought of people thinking that child was the one who could end him. "They think you are the one that is meant to be my end," Voldemort said and laughed once more.

"You have the amount of power that is less than an average wizard could have. No, you are not the chosen one." Voldemort said then he soon looked at the second crib that held a baby girl, she had black hair like a raven, and the most beautiful blue eyes anyone has ever laid eyes on. The baby girl seemed to have stayed calm when she saw Voldemort standing in front of her. The child let out a soft giggle and closed her eyes.

The girl's name is Harriet and she looked nothing like her parents, except for her lovely raven hair. "Ah yes, Harriet potter. I see the powerful magic in you, but it is blocked for some reason. You are without a doubt the most powerful and beautiful young witch I have ever laid eyes on. A true descendent of the most powerful wizards and witches, unlike your parents and family you are...special. You are the one who shall be my end...well not anymore." Voldemort said, feeling a little sorry for the girl.

He knew killing Harriet would be killing a gift from lady magic herself. It was true Voldemort didn't want to kill a newborn child with such potential but he didn't want to take any chances, he needed to make changes in the wizarding world. Voldemort brought out his wand and was about to whisper the killing curse, when he looked at Harriet's eyes one last time, to see she was smiling at him and that surprised him.

Voldemort looked away from Harriet and whispered the killing curse. "Avada Kedavra," Voldemort whispered then a bright green light shot out of his wand and hit the girl at her forehead before a dark blue light surrounded her and the curse bounced back hitting Voldemort. Voldemort let out an agonizing scream and disappeared, leaving his jet-black cloak on the floor.

Pettigrew was shocked to see what just happened, he quickly left unseen by anyone. When Lily and James were walking back home, they saw the dark mark at the top of their house, Lily quickly ran inside the house and went to the nursery where her children were. Her heart dropped when she saw the state of the nursery.

Almost everything inside was destroyed, Lily and James got their children out of the ruins and noticed that Harry was crying loudly while Harriet was sleeping peacefully in her father's arms.

Harriet had a lightning bolt scar on her forehead but her hair covered it, while Harry had a strange V-shaped scar on his cheek. Lily and James called Dumbledore for help and didn't even pay any attention to Harriet. When Dumbledore arrived, he quickly looked at the V-shaped scar on Harry's cheek, he then turned to Lily and James, not even sparing a glance to Harriet.

"Young Harry here is the chosen one! He's the Boy-who-lived!" Dumbledore said and that shocked Lily while James looked ecstatic. From that day on Lily and James loved, and gave anything Harry wanted in any way they could, forgetting about their second child, the true chosen one.

7 years later...

Little Harriet came down from her room in the abandoned west wing at the Potter mansion, she looked at the decorations in the living room and saw that everything was about Harry. At the age of four, Harriet knew her parents never loved her. Harriet saw no point in seeing a birthday present or cake, she never had anything for her birthday. Harriet walked to the library to read, Harriet has read almost every book in the library and is very smart for her age, and is an expert with magic.