Chapter 23 - The foreign students

Draco's pov:

Me, Harriet, Pansy, and Blaise were all walking through the courtyard when we noticed something in the sky. "Hey, is that a carriage?" Pansy said, pointing to the carriage with flying horses with wings on their backs. It passes by the courtyard and everyone thought it was a sight to behold. They started to fly near Hagrid's hut and landed on the runway near his hut. "Now, there's something you don't see everyday." Harriet said and I agreed with her.

"Wow, look over there." Harriet pointed to a boat and we knew what was going to happen. The boat started to rise up and it was huge, it had the symbol of the school Drumstrang. Everyone soon started to rush inside the castle and we all quickly changed into our robes then went to the great hall. Things were the same as usual, the sorting ceremony began and we may have done a few pranks to Potter and his friends on the way.

Dumbledore came up with a smile on his face and he seemed excited about something. "Now that we're all settled in and sorted, I would like to make an announcement. This castle is no longer your home this year. But home to some very special guests this year, you see Hogwarts has been chosen-" Before Dumbledore could finish, Fitch came in running to him. Once he reached Dumbledore, he immediately whispered something to Dumbledore, then quickly ran to the doors.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to compete at a legendary event. The Triwizard tournament." Dumbledore said and everyone started whispering and talking to each other, Harriet and I have always read about the Triwizard tournament, we never seen one in person but we planned to never join one since it was highly dangerous, and mostly because we were scared that one of us would die but also because we would lose each other.

"Now for those of you who don't know, the Triwizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen , you stand alone and trust me when I say that these contests are not for the faint of heart. But more of that later, so now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons academy of magic, and their headmistress Maxine." Dumbledore said then we all heard the great hall doors opening.

Everyone looked at the doors and saw a group of young girls in light blue-gray uniforms and hats. They all walked gracefully and they all did a let the arm fly to their right and sighed to the Hufflepuff table, then they let their left arm sway back and sighed to the Griffyindors then started running, they all stopped then we all heard bird chirping and soon each one ran into different directions.

One of the birds came to me and Harriet then turned into a blue duest of magic. "Draco look, it's Headmistress Maxine." Harriet said excitedly, then started shaking me, I looked at the door and saw Dumbledore escorting a tall woman with brown chestnut hair and a long dress. We looked at where they were going and saw one girl doing ballet gracefully, and the other was doing gymnastics. When they bowed down everyone clapped for them, well mostly the boys.

Dumbledore then went back up and raised his hands for everyone to be quiet. "And now our friends from the north please greet the proud sounds of Drumstrang, and their highmaster Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore said, then the doors opened and we all heard the sound of staff being hit on the floor and a strange sound they were making. They all started to run and doing tricks all together, Me and Harriet looked at the door and we saw Viktor Krum walking beside Highmaster Igor.

"Harriet, it's him. Viktor Krum." I said, Me and Harriet were ecstatic. Then two of the students made a fire from their wand and it made a giant phoenix. Igor and Dumbledore hugged each other and he shook hands with Viktor. "Now, I'm sure you are all tired from the long trip. We will explain the rest of the rules of the Triwizard tournament tomorrow night. But now let us all eat." Dumbledore said, then food and more tables appeared in front of everyone.

The foreign students all sat on each extra table and we all started eating, I was talking with Harriet while she was Frost fire and Basili, I was honestly surprised no one else noticed an ice dragon or a poisonous snake. I kept talking to Harriet when I noticed that Viktor was looking at Harriet strangely and talking with his friend or classmates. I didn't think much of it and just continued to talk with Harriet and the others until we all went back to the common room.